- Identify That Mystery Hotel Before You Book It
- Should the Knee Defender Be Allowed on Airline Flights?
- You Won’t Believe What Hotels Are Charging for Now
- Leave Your (Legal) Pot at Home When Traveling
- Paying Guests in Your Home? Check Your Homeowners Policy
- Booking a Hotel? Read This First
- Get Free Access to Luxury Airport Lounges With Your Credit Card
- Big-City Lodgings for $29 a Night
Kiplinger.com has published a list of the 23 Best Travel Sites to Save You Money, including sites that save on airfare, hotels, vacations, and rental cars, among other resources.
Here are the sites from the top of each category…
Airfare: Kayak.com scours hundreds of online sources for the cheapest fare available. The more flexible you are on time and destination, the better your chances of finding a great deal. Search for dates up to three days before and after your ideal travel dates, within a selected month, or on upcoming weekends.
Lodging: Hotels.com lets you search just one site for accommodations at more than 150,000 properties. You can find particularly good last-minute deals, which are updated daily. But even advance-travel planners can score big bargains with the site’s seasonal sales, destination-specific deals, and other special offers.
Vacation packages: At CruiseCompete.com, more than 300 travel agents vie to give you the lowest prices for dates, ports, and ships you specify, whether you’re booking well in advance or at the eleventh hour. You provide an e-mail address and they send you their best offers. Plus, the site has live agents available to guide you through the process through a live chat or by phone.
Car Rentals: Hotwire.com often offers the best published deals on cars by collecting rates from its eight rental car company partners, including Avis, Budget, and Enterprise.