- How to Avoid Getting the Flu (or Worse) On an Airplane
- Survey: These Airlines Have the Cheapest, Most Comfy Economy Seats
- 12 Surprising Ways to Cut Rental Car Expenses
- Flying This Thanksgiving? Here’s When to Leave and When to Return
- If Your Hotel Tries to Block Your Personal Wi-Fi, Show Them This Article
- Fly With a Companion for Much Less, Thanks to Airline Credit Cards
- If You Shouldn’t Fly When You’re Sick, Why Can’t You Get a Refund?
- Find Hotel Luxury Abroad on the Cheap
Kiplinger.com has published a list of the 23 Best Travel Sites to Save You Money, including sites that save on airfare, hotels, vacations, and rental cars, among other resources.
Here are the sites from the top of each category…
Airfare: Kayak.com scours hundreds of online sources for the cheapest fare available. The more flexible you are on time and destination, the better your chances of finding a great deal. Search for dates up to three days before and after your ideal travel dates, within a selected month, or on upcoming weekends.
Lodging: Hotels.com lets you search just one site for accommodations at more than 150,000 properties. You can find particularly good last-minute deals, which are updated daily. But even advance-travel planners can score big bargains with the site’s seasonal sales, destination-specific deals, and other special offers.
Vacation packages: At CruiseCompete.com, more than 300 travel agents vie to give you the lowest prices for dates, ports, and ships you specify, whether you’re booking well in advance or at the eleventh hour. You provide an e-mail address and they send you their best offers. Plus, the site has live agents available to guide you through the process through a live chat or by phone.
Car Rentals: Hotwire.com often offers the best published deals on cars by collecting rates from its eight rental car company partners, including Avis, Budget, and Enterprise.