Cartoonist Allen Saunders long ago expressed one of life’s greatest truths: “Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.”
No matter how carefully you plan, money can run a little short at times. Maybe your child needs new shoes. Maybe your car broke down, or maybe you just want a night out on the town. Whatever the reason, if you find yourself needing extra cash, there are plenty of ways to earn it — now more than ever.
In the video below, Money Talks News founder Stacy Johnson shares some of the ways you can supplement your income. Check it out, and then read on for 50 ways to make an extra $50 in just a few minutes or a few days.
- TaskRabbit. This site connects you with local people who are willing to pay you for a wide variety of tasks, everything from light carpentry to picking up takeout food.
- Agent Anything. The “agents” are university students who perform tasks. “For the last two years, we’ve provided errand-runners for working moms, beta testers for startups, temp workers for small businesses, and street teams for major corporations,” the site says.
- Zaarly. This is another site that matches people with local folks who will pay to have tasks and errands performed.
- Fiverr. What would you do for $5? Write a love letter for someone? Attempt to eat a tablespoon of nutmeg on video? Market your service on this website for $5 or more.
- Amazon’s Mechanical Turk. You can make a few bucks performing one of the many tasks available at this site, like writing product descriptions or selecting the best photograph for a product.
- Field Agent. Another app that pays you to do things like checking prices and scanning barcodes.
- UserTesting.com. You can earn quick cash by looking at someone’s website and figuring out what might be confusing for the average user.