You can dump a bad spouse, or a bad house. But try getting out from under the mortgage.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
This week: What to do when you’re stuck inside this winter, when to pay for housekeeping, how to save 85 percent of your income, selling your house without an agent and why people sell timeshares for $1.
In the latest chapter of a long and heated battle over net neutrality, the FCC passed a measure to ensure that websites have equal access to Internet capacity. Think this is a topic only a nerd could love? Think again.
The White House wants Wall Street to put your interests first when offering retirement planning advice. Wall Street insists it shouldn’t have to. If you take investment suggestions from a pro, read this.
This week: Tools to prevent distractions at work, why you should drive a 19-year-old car, updating your snatch file, how canceling cable can get you cheaper cable and alternatives to paper cleaning products.
This reader wants to know if another recession is coming. The answer? Bet on it.
This week: signs you’re a spendthrift, guilty pleasures, your illusions about money, scandalous ways to score free stuff and exploring your financial weaknesses.
- 5 Myths About Women and Money
- ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Turns 150: Enjoy the Classic, Plus Film and Digital Spinoffs for Free
- 5 Ways to Game Yourself Into Saving Cash
- Lawmakers Move to Improve Benefits of College Savings Plans
- 1 in 5 Americans Plan to Work Till They Die
- Young and Crazy Rich: List Names Record Number of Billionaires Under Age 40
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Trip Tips to Cut the Cost of Spring Break in Half