But chances are good that you’ve never heard of many Amazon brands. In recent years, the retail giant has amassed dozens of private brands and other product collections that are exclusive to Amazon — basically, forms of generic brands or house brands.
And just as the house brands sold in stores generally are cheaper than the brand-name equivalents that sit next to them on the shelf, Amazon-brand products may offer better value than their brand-name counterparts.
In fact, some of the steepest discounts that Amazon has offered during the past couple of Prime Day sales were on its own brands.
So, it pays to get to know the exclusive brands of the nation’s second-largest retailer based on sales.
Following is a look at some of Amazon’s own brands.
Just to name a few, the AmazonBasics product categories include:
The Amazon Elements brand boasts premium products that are tested for purity. Products currently include:
Presto! is Amazon’s brand of cleaning supplies. Products include:
- Hand soap
- Dishwasher detergent (liquid and packs)
- Laundry detergent (liquid and packs)
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
Solimo product categories include:
- Beauty and grooming
- Food and beverage
- Health and personal care
- Household supplies
- Vitamins and supplements
3 more food brands
In addition to the Solimo brand, Amazon sells food under several other house brands, including:
- Happy Belly: This line of grocery staples includes everything from vinegar and vegetable oil to peanut butter and shredded cheese.
- Mama Bear: This line of various types of baby products includes organic baby food pouches.
- Wickedly Prime: This food line primarily includes gourmet snacks like nuts and snack bars.
3 more furniture brands
The AmazonBasics brand offers a wide variety of basic furniture, from office chairs to bed frames. But if you’re looking for something a bit more stylish, Amazon still has you covered.
Its brands include several lines of furniture and home decor, such as:
- Ravenna Home: Described as “classic style made simple”
- Rivet: Described as a combination of “Mid-century and Industrial Modern design”
- Stone & Beam: “Designed to marry enduring, rustic style with practicality and the realities of everyday family life”
11 clothing and accessories brands
Amazon also has a host of clothing brands now. They include:
- 206 Collective: Shoes for men and women
- 28 Palms: Hawaiian-inspired clothing for men and women
- Amazon Essentials: Wardrobe basics for the whole family
- Core 10: Athletic wear for women
- Daily Ritual: Casual clothing for women
- Goodthreads: Casual clothing for men
- Lark & Ro: “Polished essentials and wear-to-work staples” for women
- Mae: Underwear, sleepwear and loungewear for women
- Moon and Back: Baby clothing made from organically grown cotton
- Obsidian: Sunglasses for men and women
- Spotted Zebra: Kids clothing
Have you ever bought products from any of these Amazon brands? Share your experience in comments below or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.