About Money Talks News
“You can either look rich or you can be rich, but odds are you won’t live long enough to accomplish both. Choose wisely.”
– Stacy Johnson, CEO Money Talks News
Since before there was an internet, there’s been Money Talks News.
Money Talks News was founded by CEO Stacy Johnson in 1991 to create and distribute personal finance news to network-affiliated TV stations nationwide. Thirty years later, Stacy’s still here and we’re still providing content to dozens of TV stations. These days we also syndicate both print and video stories to the top news portals on the planet, including MSN, Yahoo, AOL and many others.
We began with a simple goal that we still strive for today: to help average people reach financial freedom, and do it without making their eyes glaze over in the process.
Achieving financial freedom – the ability to do what you want to do rather than what you have to do – is an exciting goal, and one that’s within reach, providing you get the right advice at the right stage of your life.
Learning to save more, spend less, pay off debt, and invest well are compelling topics. After all, if you don’t have enough money, you want more; and if you have a bunch, you want to keep it. Yet many Americans seem to be more interested in celebrity gossip than personal finance news and advice.
This doesn’t say negative things about Americans – it says negative things about the way traditional media approach financial news.
In both print and video, we help you reach your goals by telling stories that matter to you. Stories that offer specific advice on saving more, spending less, investing, and avoiding debt. We have fun telling these stories, and we want you to have fun reading and watching them.
Most important, you can trust what you see here. Our writing and video staff has an average of 17 years of experience, not just writing articles, but writing personal finance articles. Unlike many sites, we’re not a warehouse staffed by 20-somethings churning out click-bait. We’re a boutique with select, committed staff who know what they’re talking about and with a common mission: helping our subscribers take control of their finances and lead a more rewarding life.
There’s more to Money Talks News than this site:
- Our podcast: “Money” features lively conversations about all things money
- Our Solutions Center is the place to go for financial products and services, from a better credit card to help with debt
- Subscribe to Money Talks News here to get actionable advice delivered to your inbox every day
- Our YouTube channel is another place to watch our videos
- Like our Facebook page here
- Follow Money Talks News on Twitter
Meet the team
- Stacy Johnson, CPA – CEO
- Dan Schointuch – President
- Karla Bowsher – Managing Editor
- Aaron Freeman – Video, Podcast Manager
- Kari Huus – Business Development Manager
- Brandon Ballenger – Products Manager
- Moshe Berman – Marketing Manager
- Chris Kissell – Editor
- Marilyn Lewis – Contributing Editor, Consultant
- Mary Kay Wayman – Copy Editor
- Dori Zinn – Social Media Manager, Writer
- Donna Freedman – Writer
- Maryalene LaPonsie – Writer
- Jim Gold – Writer
- Elizabeth Lotts – Writer
- Emmet Pierce – Writer
- Gael F. Cooper – Writer
- Lucy Lazarony – Writer
- Melissa Neiman – Writer
- Miranda Marquit – Writer