Whether you call it Coffee Day, National Coffee Day, or International Coffee day, this global “holiday” means one thing to North Americans: a free cup of joe.
So in honor of the sacred day, we’ve rounded up every caffeinated freebie and discount we could find. (If you know of one we missed, leave a comment below or share on Facebook.)
No coupons or purchases are necessary to redeem these offers unless specified. But not all chain locations participate, so you may want to call ahead.
Besides these chains and big brand names, it also can’t hurt to ask – or haggle with – your local coffee place about National Coffee Day freebies and discounts. This year, you’ll find them everywhere from the Southern Food & Beverage Museum in New Orleans to the Friends Business Source office supply store in Findlay, Ohio.
- 7-Eleven: Free large coffee on Sept. 28 between 6 and 10 a.m. 7-Eleven has locations in the U.S. and Canada.
- Dutch Bros. Coffee: All coffee drinks and Dutch Bros. Blue Rebel energy drinks are free on Sept. 29 at the location at 7225 Martin Way East, Olympia, Wash. Take $1 off any coffee drink on Sept. 29 at the eight locations across Central Oregon, all located in Bend, Redmond, or Sisters. Free coffee drinks on Sept. 29 at the three locations in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Printable coupon for a 99-cent hot or iced latte through Sept. 30.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Printable coupon for six free doughnuts with the purchase of a Box o’ Joe through Sept. 30.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Printable coupon for $1 off the purchase of a dozen K-cups through Oct. 28.
- Eight O’Clock Coffee products: Printable coupon for $2 off at any store that sells this brand and accepts manufacturer coupons.
- Einstein Bros. Bagels: Pumpkin lattes are buy-one-get-one-free on Sept. 29. They’re also offering other coffee-related discounts earlier in the week. Einstein has locations nationwide.
- Kangaroo Express convenience stores: Get a 12-ounce cup of Bean Street Coffee for 1 cent on Sept. 29 between 8 a.m. and noon. Kangaroo Express has more than 1,500 locations in 13 southeastern U.S. states.
- Krispy Kreme stores: Free 12-ounce cup of their new House Blend Coffee on Sept. 29. Krispy Kreme has locations in 39 U.S. states and three Canadian provinces.
- Krispy Kreme online: They’re giving away free coffee for a year to 75 people as part of their 75th birthday celebration. To win, enter once between now and Sept. 29 by completing the form. The winners will receive two bags of coffee every month for the next twelve months – plus a free T-shirt and coffee mug. The giveaway is open to U.S. residents age 18 and older.
- McDonald’s: Free cup of coffee every day through Sept. 29. Rumor has it this freebie is limited to locations in the eastern U.S., so be sure to call your location before making a trip. (Thanks to reader Jolene for writing to us about this offer.)
- Punchbowl.com: Send a free National Coffee Day e-card. This freebie is available now, but they don’t say when it expires.
- Seattle’s Best Coffee products: Printable coupon for $1 off at any store that sells this brand and accepts manufacturer coupons.
- Ten Thousand Villages: Look for free samples or discounts at the stores in Charlottesville, Va., and Philadelphia and Lancaster, Penn., on Sept. 29.
- Tim Hortons Cafe & Bake Shop: Printable buy-one-get-one-free coffee coupon good on Sept. 29. The coupon is good at their U.S. locations.
- Wawa Inc. convenience stores: Sign up to receive an immediate coupon for a free 16-ounce iced latte through Oct. 2. Wawa has locations along the eastern U.S. coast.
Karla Bowsher covers consumer, retail, and health issues. If you have a comment, suggestion, or question, leave a comment or contact her at k[email protected].