Photo by JeniFoto / Shutterstock.com
Kids love dressing up in their favorite ghoul or princess costume on Halloween so they can go trick-or-treating and collect free candy.
But free candy is just the beginning of a whole host of freebies and discounted goodies you can score on Halloween. Here are eight spooktacular Halloween deals worth dressing up for:
- Baskin-Robbins: You can grab a cool treat — $1.31 regular and kid-sized ice cream scoops — at participating Baskin-Robbins locations on Oct. 31
- Chuck E. Cheese: Kids who are in costume from now through Oct. 31 can collect 50 free tickets from Chuck E. Cheese.
- Chipotle: Make sure you’re in costume, and you can snag a boorito (get it?), bowl, salad or order of tacos for just $3 from 3 p.m. to close on Halloween.
- Krispy Kreme: You can score a free doughnut of your choice (including Zombie doughnuts) at Krispy Kreme on Halloween if you’re dressed up in a costume.
- IHOP: Kids 12 and under can score a free IHOP hotcake to decorate on Halloween during the restaurant’s annual Scary Face Pancake promotion. Go to IHOP on Oct. 31 between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. to participate.
- Bass Pro Shops: The outdoor store’s Great Pumpkin Celebration began on Oct. 24 and goes through Oct. 31. The big event has a little something for everyone, including free kids Halloween crafts (dates and times vary), a free kids picture with the Peanuts gang and Halloween night face painting. Bass is also hosting a costume parade on Oct. 30, at 3 p.m. or Oct. 31 at 6 p.m. Finally, Bass will host trick-or-treating on Oct. 30 from 3 to 5 p.m. or Oct. 31 from 4 to 8 p.m. Click here for details.
- Burger Fi: In what’s been coined “Costumes for Custard,” anyone who visits the burger chain dressed in costume on Halloween can score a free small custard ice cream.
- Toys R Us: If your kids (ages 6 and up) like Legos or Frankenstein, then head to a participating Toys R Us location on Saturday when the stores host a “Make & Take Event” from noon to 2 p.m. Kids will get to build and take home a Lego Frankenstein.
What are your Halloween plans? Sound off below or on our Facebook page.