Money Talks News has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Money Talks News and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
As we finally dare to dream of the world beyond COVID-19, many are starting to book — or at least plan for — future travel. Getting away from home is exciting, but even more exciting is the thought of not paying for it.
Whatever you’re after in a hotel stay — whether it’s four-star service and luxury, or something simple and clean — these card offers can earn you free rooms in record time.
Why we like it: The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card offers a sign-up bonus of five free nights (each worth up to 50,000 points) after you spend $5,000 within the first three months, an incredible value among hotel rewards cards.
What to know:
- Get 5 free nights after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening.
- Earn up to 17 points per $1 spent at more than 7,000 Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Earn 3 points per $1 spent on up to $6,000 in total purchases at gas stations, restaurants and grocery stores per year.
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on everything else.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- $95 annual fee.
Note: This card guarantees free in-room Wi-Fi at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, a free night’s stay per year valued at up to 35,000 points, and other travel benefits.
Why we like it: With no annual fee and a hefty bonus of 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after making $1,000 in purchases within the first three months, the Hilton Honors American Express card is worth a place in the traveler’s wallet.
What to know:
- 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after making $1,000 in eligible purchases in the first three months of card membership.
- 7X bonus points for eligible purchases charged at Hilton portfolio hotels.
- 5X bonus points for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations.
- 3X bonus points for every other eligible purchase.
- Free Hilton Honors Silver status, with an upgrade to Gold status after spending $20,000 on eligible purchases in a calendar year.
- No annual fee. (See rates and fees)
Note: This card has no foreign transaction fees.
Why we like it: This card offers a generous 75,000 point bonus if you make $3,000 in purchases, plus up to $150 back in statement credits on eligible purchases, in your first three months.
What to know:
- 6X points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 4X points at U.S. restaurants and gas stations.
- 4X points on wireless phone service from eligible U.S. service providers.
- 4X points on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2X points on other eligible purchases.
- Free night at a participating hotel each year after your card anniversary.
- Free night at a participating hotel after spending $60,000 in a calendar year.
- Free Silver Elite status, with an upgrade to Gold Elite after making $35,000 in purchases within a calendar year.
- $125 annual fee. (See rates and fees)
Whatever you need in a credit card — whether it’s balance transfer, reward points, cash back or a low interest rate — you can find it with our credit card search tool. Click here to search for the plastic that best fits your needs.