MoneyTalksNews has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. MoneyTalksNews and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Are you a four-star hotel traveler, or do you go for simple, clean and convenient? Whatever you’re after, these two new card offers can get you free rooms in record time — earning 75,000 welcome bonus points after meeting a modest spending level. They give cardholders access to low rates, upgrades and free rooms within a network of more than 6,700 hotels worldwide.
The options for this rewards program are stunning — especially since a recent merger between Marriott and International Hotel Group. Under this umbrella are the Ritz-Carlton chain, W Hotels, Westin hotels, Courtyard hotels, Residence Inns and many more. Here are the best hotel rewards cards to come along in a long while:
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
Why we love it: This card rakes in 75,000 bonus points after hitting a relatively modest spend threshold of $3,000 within the first three months, and then just continues to reward the card holder — with 6 bonus points per dollar spent at hotels under their massive umbrella and a free room on every anniversary with the account.
- Earn 75,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on this card within the first three months of opening the account. (That’s anywhere from 1 to 7 nights, depending on the hotel you choose!)
- Every year, on your account anniversary, get a free night award (up to a 35,000 point value).
- Earn 6 points for every dollar you spend at the hotels in the Marriott Bonvoy network.
- Earn 2 points for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn unlimited reward points.
- No foreign transactions fees
Note: This card has a $95 annual fee.
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card
Why we love it: This card also rings up a hefty 75,000 bonus points after spending just $3,000 within the first three months after opening the account. (That’s not very hard to do for most businesses.)
Highlights of this offer:
- Rack up 75,000 welcome points after using this card for $3,000 in purchases within the first three months.
- Earn 6 points per dollar spent at hotels in the Marriott Bonvoy network.
- Earn 4 points per dollar at American restaurants and gas stations, as well as cellphone services from U.S. providers and 2 points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
- Get a free hotel night on each card account anniversary (for a room worth up to 35,000 points) at participating hotels in the Marriott Bonvoy network.
Note: This card has an annual fee of $125.
Whatever you need in a credit card — whether it’s balance transfer, reward points, cash back or a low interest rate — you can find it with our credit card search tool. Click here to search for the plastic that best fits your needs.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.