Ebates.com is celebrating back-to-school season with one more week of double cash-back offers.
The cash-back portal is offering twice as much cash back as usual at select retailers through Monday, Aug. 8.
This week the participating retailers include:
- Amazon — Offering up to 7 percent cash back
- AVG (antivirus software) — Up to 30 percent
- eBags — 12 percent
- JCPenney — 6 percent (Also check out “6 Ways to Save More at JCPenney.”)
- Kohl’s — 6 percent (Also check out “10 Expert Tips for Saving More at Kohl’s.”)
- L.L. Bean — 4 percent
- Macy’s — 6 percent
- New Balance — 10 percent
- Nike — 6 percent
- Ralph Lauren — 5 percent
- Samsung — 10 percent
You’ll also earn cash back — during this back-to-school promotion and in the future — on purchases from any of more than 2,000 retailers that partner with Ebates.
I earned $11.27 last month alone — or as I like to see it, Ebates paid me $11.27 to go shopping last month.
That’s free money with no strings attached, mind you. Ebates receives a commission from retailers for referring shoppers to those retailers, and Ebates then shares that commission with shoppers.
So if you haven’t already, sign up for an account — which is also free.
Once you’re signed up, all you have to do to earn cash back is:
- Every time you buy something online, start by visiting Ebates’ website and signing in.
- In the search bar at the top of Ebates’ site, enter the name of the retailer where you want to shop.
- Click on Ebates’ orange “Shop Now” button for that retailer. This will redirect you to the retailer’s website, where you can then shop as usual — while earning cash back on most anything you buy there.
You will receive your cash back four times per year, as long as you’ve accumulated at least $5.01 in cash back. Ebates will either mail you a check or make a deposit to your PayPal account on the following dates:
- Feb. 15
- May 15
- Aug. 15
- Nov. 15
For more ways to save this season, check out:
- “15 Ways to Cut the Cost of Back-to-School Shopping“
- “Slash Back-to-School Spending on Sales Tax Holidays“
What’s your favorite way to save on back-to-school shopping? Let us know below or on our Facebook page.
This story contains affiliate links, which means Money Talks News may get a commission if you decide to purchase anything from some of the companies in this story. However, we only recommend products we love. Using affiliate links helps us keep the lights on, and allows us to continue to offer you great money-saving tips every day. Thanks for helping!
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.