Money Talks News has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Money Talks News and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Why it’s awesome: This card offers up to 5% cash back on things that we always spend money on — that is gas and groceries. It also has an introductory balance transfer offer with a one-year runway.
- Get a $150 credit after spending just $500 on this card in the first three months of opening an account.
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $2,000 in purchases in two categories you choose each quarter. Translated: That’s worth $400 in your first year.
- Plus, get 1% to 2% cash back on all other purchases, with no limit.
- Pay 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 billing cycles.
- No annual fee.
Note: Balance transfers are subject to a fee of 3%, with a minimum of $5.Learn More or Apply Now
Why we like it: This card offer is similar to the one above, but it’s a little simpler — no need to worry about quarterly categories. It also has a generous balance transfer option with a 15-month introductory period.
- Get a $150 statement credit after spending $1,000 within three months of opening the account.
- Get 3% cash back on up to $6,000 per year in U.S. supermarket purchases. (Get 1% cash back after that.)
- Earn 2% cash back at gas stations and select department stores in the U.S., plus 1% back on other purchases.
- Pay 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for introductory period of 15 months after opening account, then a variable rate. (Currently 12.99%-23.99%)
- No annual fee.
Note: Balance transfers are subject to a fee of 3%, with a $5 minimum.Learn More or Apply Now
Why we like it: This card not only offers generous cash back on purchases of groceries and gas, but also gives you a $250 statement credit if it’s used for at least $1,000 in purchases within the first three months. That covers the card’s annual fee, with money to spare for a night on the town, a pair of new shoes or a utility bill.
More to love:
- Get 6% cash back on up to $6,000 in purchases per year at U.S. supermarkets (for a value of $360). After that, get 1% cash back.
- Get 6% cash back on more than two-dozen streaming media subscriptions, everything from Pandora and YouTube TV to Showtime and Disney+ (See the full list here.)
- Get 3% cash back on gas and other transportation costs, including taxis, ride-share, buses, trains, parking and more.
- Get 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Pay 0% APR on purchases or balance transfers for 12 months. That’s a nice long runway to recover from your holiday expenses.
Note: This card has an annual fee of $95.Learn More or Apply Now
Whatever you need in a credit card — balance transfer, low interest rate, travel rewards points, you name it — you can find it in our credit card search tool.View All Credit Cards
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.