Amazon is offering a free $10 coupon to customers who have yet to use its mobile app.
Basically, if you sign into the app for the first time, Amazon will email you a promo code good for $10 off a $20 order.
The only hitch is that this offer appears to be available only to Amazon Prime members. If you don’t have a Prime membership, you can try signing up for the free Prime trial and then redeeming this offer, although we can’t guarantee that will work.
How to nab a $10 Amazon coupon
To redeem this offer:
- Download the Amazon app to your mobile device. You can do this by using your device to visit Amazon’s webpage for its app.
- Open the app and sign in with your existing Amazon account credentials before “23:59 p.m. PT” on July 31 (Tuesday), according to Amazon.
- Keep an eye on your email. Amazon says it will send you the $10 coupon code, along with instructions for how to redeem it, within seven days.
- Use the code before it expires — at 11:59 p.m. PT on Aug. 31.
The fine print
Before you redeem the $10 coupon, note that Amazon’s fine print about this offer states that you can apply the promo code only:
- Via the Amazon app
- To an order that includes at least $20 of products sold by Amazon.com. The webpages for such products will contain the words “sold by Amazon.com,” so look for that.
- To items that you purchase in a single order, send to a single address and ship at the same speed
Also, you cannot apply the code:
- To digital content
- To Amazon gift cards
- With other offers
For more ways to save on Amazon, check out “8 Strategies to Save Big Bucks on Amazon.”
What would you buy from Amazon with a free $10 credit? Let us know why by commenting below or over on our Facebook page.
Find the right financial adviser
Finding a financial adviser you can trust doesn't have to be hard. A great place to start is with SmartAsset's free financial adviser matching tool, which connects you with up to three qualified financial advisers in five minutes. Each adviser is vetted by SmartAsset and is legally required to act in your best interests.
If you're ready to be matched with local advisers who will help you reach your financial goals, get started now.