Amazon is offering a free $10 coupon to customers who have yet to use its mobile app.
Basically, if you sign into the app for the first time, Amazon will email you a promo code good for $10 off a $20 order.
The only hitch is that this offer appears to be available only to Amazon Prime members. If you don’t have a Prime membership, you can try signing up for the free Prime trial and then redeeming this offer, although we can’t guarantee that will work.
How to nab a $10 Amazon coupon
To redeem this offer:
- Download the Amazon app to your mobile device. You can do this by using your device to visit Amazon's webpage for its app.
- Open the app and sign in with your existing Amazon account credentials before “23:59 p.m. PT” on July 31 (Tuesday), according to Amazon.
- Keep an eye on your email. Amazon says it will send you the $10 coupon code, along with instructions for how to redeem it, within seven days.
- Use the code before it expires — at 11:59 p.m. PT on Aug. 31.
The fine print
Before you redeem the $10 coupon, note that Amazon’s fine print about this offer states that you can apply the promo code only:
- Via the Amazon app
- To an order that includes at least $20 of products sold by Amazon.com. The webpages for such products will contain the words “sold by Amazon.com,” so look for that.
- To items that you purchase in a single order, send to a single address and ship at the same speed
Also, you cannot apply the code:
- To digital content
- To Amazon gift cards
- With other offers
For more ways to save on Amazon, check out “8 Strategies to Save Big Bucks on Amazon.”
What would you buy from Amazon with a free $10 credit? Let us know why by commenting below or over on our Facebook page.