If you’ve still got holiday shopping to do online, today is the day.
It’s Green Monday 2017. As we recently detailed, this means you’ll find a host of noteworthy sales and deals online. Plus, you can earn a lot of cash back on your discounted purchases.
Ebates is offering cash rebates that are twice as high as usual — as much as 50 percent — at more than 600 retailers and brands for Green Monday. This cash back is in addition to any savings you rack up through sales or other discounts. So, you stand to save up to 50 percent or more today.
The retailers and brands participating in this Ebates promotion include:
- 1-800-Flowers.com: 20 percent cash back
- Barnes & Noble: 10 percent
- Brookstone: 10 percent
- Dell: 12 percent
- Dollar Shave Club: 10 percent
- JCPenney: 13 percent
- Magazines.com: 50 percent
- Snapfish: 15 percent
- Things Remembered: 13 percent
- Vera Bradley: 15 percent
To view the complete list of the 600-plus retailers and brands participating in this promotion, visit Ebates’ homepage and click on “See All 600+ Stores.”
Boosting your savings
You can amass serious savings if you combine Ebates’ double-cash-back offer with other discounts and then pay with a rewards credit card.
This is easy to do, as many of the companies that partner with Ebates are also offering Green Monday promotions of their own. For example:
- Barnes & Noble: 20 percent off your order with code GIFTS4ALL
- Build-A-Bear Workshop: Select “furry friends” (stuff animals and other creatures) are $8 online — which is up to about 31 percent off. Furry friends normally cost as much as $25.50.
- eBay: All kinds of deals.
- Groupon: Up to 80 percent off tech, home, apparel and more.
- HP: Up to 55 percent off select computers, monitor, printers and accessories.
- Mixbook (personalized photo gifts): 40 to 50 percent off sitewide. Ends 11:59 p.m. PT Monday.
- Overstock.com: Up to 70 percent off home furnishings.
- Snapfish (personalized photo gifts): 60 percent off sitewide.
- Target: Save $20 for every $100 you spend online. Ends 11:59 p.m. PT Monday.
- The New York Times Store: Save 25 percent with code GREEN25.
- Timberland (outdoor lifestyle apparel and accessories): Extra 30 percent off almost everything, including items that are already on sale.
About Ebates and similar sites
Ebates is a cash-back portal. That means when you shop through that website, you earn rebates in the form of cash — commonly called “cash back.”
To earn cash back, simply visit Ebates.com and select the retailer where you want to shop. From there, you will be redirected to the retailer’s website. Alternatively, you can use Ebates’ browser extension or mobile app.
Like other cash-back portals, Ebates receives a commission from retailers for referring online shoppers to those retailers’ websites. Then, Ebates shares that commission with shoppers. So, your cash back is your share of that commission.
I pocketed $101.56 in cash back by using Ebates last year.
To get started with Ebates or any other cash-back portal, just sign up for an account. Signing up for and using Ebates is free.
Other cash-back portals that also are free include:
Even if you already have an Ebates account, you might want to check out other portals, as some portals are known to offer more cash back than others at a given retailer. I’ve been using both Ebates and TopCashback this year.
Do you know of other great Green Monday deals? Let us know below or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.