It’s official: Prime Day 2019 was a blockbuster of a sales event for Amazon.
Sales from the 48-hour period surpassed those on Amazon of the past Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined, the retailer announced this week.
Worldwide, more people signed up for Amazon Prime on Monday, the first half of Prime Day, than on any other day in Amazon’s history. Then, on Tuesday, nearly as many signed up.
Prime Day 2019 was open to Prime members in 18 countries. Across those countries, members collectively bought more than 175 million items and saved more than $1 billion, the announcement says.
So, what all did Prime members buy during this year’s mega-sale? Amazon cites the following among the top sellers:
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter: This little on-the-go water filter was a bestseller among Prime members in the U.S. — who bought more than 200,000 of them.
- Instant Pot DUO60: This electric pressure cooker was also a bestseller among U.S. Prime members.
- 23andMe Health + Ancestry kits: Another bestseller among U.S. Prime members.
- Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips kits: Prime members in the U.S. bought more than 150,000 of these teeth-whitening kits.
- Echo Dot: This smart speaker was one of the top-selling Amazon devices worldwide — and it was on sale again as of Thursday: Two for $49.99 when you use code “DOT2PACK.” That makes them nearly as cheap as the Prime Day price of $22.
- Fire TV Sticks: The Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote and the 4K version — both of which are streaming media players — were among the top-selling Amazon devices worldwide.
- iRobot Roomba 690: This robotic vacuum was one of the top-selling smart home devices worldwide.
- Amazon Smart Plug: This Alexa-enabled plug was also among the top-selling smart home devices worldwide.
- Fire 7: Prime Day 2019 was the best Prime Day to date for sales of Amazon’s Fire tablet computers. The Fire 7 was the top-seller among them all.
Did you shop Prime Day 2019? What was the best deal you scored — or why did you sit the sale out? Share with us by commenting below or over on the Money Talks News Facebook page..
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.