This post comes from partner site Whistleout.com.
Cellphone plans are not just about texting and calling anymore. These days carriers are offering more and more perks with their plans in order to lure new customers, which is great news for us TV fans. Among the newest benefits carriers are offering with their unlimited plans are entertainment extras that can help save on the cost of TV. In fact, these cellphone plans can help you say goodbye to your cable TV bill for good.
Free live TV from AT&T
With AT&T’s unlimited plans, you’ll get access to live TV and on-demand shows and movies. This is currently the only carrier to offer live TV streaming as part of a cellphone plan. Both the Unlimited & More and the Unlimited & More Premium plans give you:
- More than 30 live TV channels
- 15,000 TV shows and movies on demand
Channels to which you’ll have free access include:
- AMC (Perfect for “The Walking Dead” fans)
- Food Network (Watch all the chefs get “Chopped”)
- Cartoon Network (You don’t have to be a kid to watch “Adventure Time”)
- Discovery (Keep up with the Brown family in “Alaskan Bush People”)
- TBS (Don’t miss any of Conan’s antics)
- CNN (Watch all of your favorite episodes of “Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown”)
- VICELAND (“The Pizza Show” … it’s pretty self-explanatory)
Unless you need hundreds of channels (does anyone, really?) these cellphone plans could be just what you need to cut the cord and get rid of cable TV for good. With AT&T’s Unlimited & More Premium plan for $80 a month, you can even stream your shows and movies in HD.
Free Hulu and Amazon Prime from Sprint
Get a free Hulu subscription while you have an active account with Sprint on any of these unlimited plans:
As long as your account is in good standing, you’ll have a free active Hulu Limited Commercials plan, so you can stream all the TV shows and movies you like. You could be saving yourself almost $100 every year in Hulu subscription costs. There’s no live TV, like AT&T offers, but the free Hulu subscription is still a great bonus to have on your cellphone plan.
What about Amazon Prime you ask? Sprint’s Unlimited Premium plan doesn’t just come with Hulu — it also comes with an Amazon Prime subscription. With Prime Original TV shows like “Homecoming,” “The Man in the High Castle” and “Mozart in the Jungle,” you’ll never run out of shows to watch.
Free Amazon Prime from Metro
With Metro by T-Mobile’s $60 Unlimited Plan, you’ll enjoy a free Amazon Prime subscription. You’ll be able to stream your favorite Prime Original TV shows and all of the hottest movies from the palm of your hand.
More from Whistleout.com:
- “How to Limit Your Child’s Cellphone Usage”
- “How to Pick the Best Cellphone Plan”
- “Hidden Ways to Get More Out of Your Cellphone Plan”
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.