24 Uber-Wealthy People Who Will Give Away Their Fortunes

Warren Buffett

Warren Buffett
Kent Sievers / Shutterstock.com

Warren Buffett is one of the co-founders of the Giving Pledge, so it’s to no one’s surprise that the Oracle of Omaha will be giving away most of his riches. “Were we to use more than 1% of my claim checks (Berkshire Hathaway stock certificates) on ourselves, neither our happiness nor our well-being would be enhanced,” Buffett says on the Giving Pledge site. “In contrast, that remaining 99% can have a huge effect on the health and welfare of others.”

Popular Articles

Over 50? The CDC Says You Need These 4 Vaccines
Over 50? The CDC Says You Need These 4 Vaccines

Fall is the time to schedule vaccines that can keep you healthy — and even save your life.

5 Secrets to Keeping Your Brain Sharp as You Age
5 Secrets to Keeping Your Brain Sharp as You Age

Forget young at heart — science says these tricks will keep you young in mind.

12 Ways Retirees Can Make Money Without Un-Retiring
12 Ways Retirees Can Make Money Without Un-Retiring

These simple ways of earning largely “passive” income can stretch your retirement dollars, cover unexpected expenses or just help you afford a few extras.

View this page without ads

Help us produce more money-saving articles and videos by subscribing to a membership.

Get Started

Trending Stories

Comments