Money Talks News has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Money Talks News and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
The winter holidays are just over the horizon. That could mean looking forward to chestnuts roasting on an open fire … AND, for many of us, it will surely mean lots of seasonal expenses, gift-buying or travel among crowds of harried humans — which is why we recommend you add this great credit card to your wallet:
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
Here’s why it’s awesome now: As you shop for gifts and stock your pantry for the holidays, this card will help you earn rewards for travel fast — and gain access to free and cheap flights and hotels through one of the most flexible travel rewards programs. It also offers some of the best trip protection in case of delays, cancellations and lost baggage that so often wreak havoc with holiday travel.
- Rake in a whopping 60,000 welcome bonus points (worth $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards) after spending $4,000 within the first three months of opening the account.
- Earn 2 points for each dollar spent on travel and dining, and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases with this card.
- When booking through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you face no blackout dates or restrictions. If there is a seat available, you can book a ticket with points.
- Points transfer 1-to-1 to leading hotel and airline loyalty programs.
- You’ll have access to solid coverage for flight delays and cancellations and baggage delay or loss insurance. See the full details here.
- No foreign transaction fees.
Note: This card has an annual fee of $95.
Whatever you need in a credit card — whether it’s reward points, cash back or a low interest rate — you can find it with our credit card search tool. Click here to search for the plastic that best fits your needs.