- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
[Gen X Finance] The word “barter” conjured up images of a trading post in the Old West. But for this Gen X site, it means a handful of “swap sites.” And while you’ll save money, there’s also this: “Last but not least, clothing swaps are good for the environment.”
[Squawkfox] You look inside your freezer every day, but when’s the last time you looked at your freezer? If it’s encased in ice, that’s actually using more electricity – as weird as that sounds. (Ice doesn’t cool my freezer?) Here’s a step-by-step guide to painlessly defrosting it.
[Savings.com] From tacos to pot pies, here’s how to make leftovers a little more tasty – and save money at the same time.
[My Dollar Plan] Maybe you’ve heard about websites that offer you reward points if you take surveys – which presumably are used by companies to tweak their products. But if you’re not careful, you could end up wasting your time, as this writer learned: “Fifteen Minutes for $1?! That equates to $4 an hour.” But there’s good news: He’s found surveys that pay “$25 for 15 minutes.” Check it out.