- Millennials Prefer Plastic to Cash for Small Purchases
- Many Believe That Carrying a Balance Will Improve Their Credit Score
- The Top-Rated Credit Cards in the US
- 17 Remarkably Easy Ways to Raise Holiday Shopping Cash
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Want to Improve Your Health? Contribute to a 401(k)
- JPMorgan Chase, Other Big Banks Fall Prey to Hackers
- New California Law Mandates Smartphone Kill Switch
[20sFinances] I read this to see if I was on the list. Nope. Maybe next time. The guys who made the cut: Peter Lynch, George Soros, Warren Buffett, Carl Icahn and David Einhorn. They all have something to teach us little guys. (If you want to see how I invest, check out my portfolio here.)
[And Then We Saved] We did a post recently called 9 Places to Pay Less for Original Art, and that was one of the suggestions in this post — cheap art. But author Anna also added inexpensive ways to hang art rather than traditional (and expensive) framing. She also suggested using plants, investing in lighting, and trying new furniture covers.
[Bargaineering] My wife’s a huge baseball fan. To me, it’s like watching paint dry. At least next time she drags me to the park I might save a buck or two. Tips in this post include bringing your own snacks, using public transportation, and going during promotions.
[Being Frugal] Author Miranda Marquit suggests using the Internet to help with organization (tracking spending, paying bills), saving money with comparison shopping, and earning extra cash with a side hustle – like blogging about money, for instance.
[Wise Bread] This post had some interesting ideas. For example, Rent a Friend is a service that allows you to charge by the hour to be someone’s friend. (Really? That’s depressing.) Other suggestions included getting together with friends and doing secret shopping, pooling your money and investing together, and starting a business together.
Warning regarding the last idea: Over the years I’ve started several businesses with friends. In all instances but one, it marked the beginning of the end to our friendship.