It’s almost tax time (yes, really). Take our pop quiz to see if you know the best ways to dodge a hefty bill from the taxman this year.
Author Archives: Maryalene LaPonsie
We don’t want to alarm you, but New Year’s Eve is just two weeks away. Here’s how to celebrate without breaking the bank.
Banks can be stingy with loan money nowadays, but some companies are doling out cash for practically anything you want.
A Chinese company, Alibaba, has been getting a lot of press lately. Here’s what the fuss is all about.
Being traditional and practical might make financial sense, but your man will probably appreciate it if you steer clear of these guy gifts.
No need to break the bank to tell your kids’ teachers how much you appreciate them. We have 10 great, yet inexpensive gift ideas for you to try this year.
It seems like an easy way to get an extra 10 to 15 percent off your purchase, but will applying for that store credit card come back to bite you?
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way