- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- 10 Ways to Get Free Lodging on Your Summer Vacation
- 16 Cheap Ways to Get Moving, Feel Younger and Live Longer
- How Americans Rate Their Fiscal and Physical Fitness
- Quiz: What’s the Main Ingredient in Almond Milk?
- Verizon Deal With HBO: Another Reason to Cut Cable
Not that anyone would, but don’t worry about Anthony Weiner. After resigning from Congress, he has money – he’s better at the stock market than social media, apparently. “The New York Democrat owns a portfolio of 19 stocks worth between $190,000 and $285,000,” CNN reports.
“Trouble,” the dog who inherited $12 million from hotel heiress Leona Hemsley, is dead. “The pampered Maltese bitch with a curly off-white coat died December 13,” PetMD reports, “but news only emerged Thursday.”
Talk about bad health care. A security guard in England was so annoyed by a painful wart that he got rid of it with a 12-bore Beretta shotgun. “It blew off nearly the entire middle finger on his left hand,” MSNBC reports, “and left the 38-year-old facing possible prison time for illegal possession of a firearm.”
The recession has lowered prices on almost everything – including doomsday bunkers. “A company that sells luxury doomsday shelters is branching out with a new ‘economy class’ bunker that costs $9,950,” CNN reports.
Here’s a bad business idea: Pierce kittens in their ears and necks, dock their tails, and sell them on eBay for $100. The result? “She was convicted of animal cruelty,” The Consumerist reports.