If you’ve ever been to Walt Disney World or you’re planning a Disney trip for the family, you understand all too well how expensive a Disney vacation can be.
Fortunately, there are lots of fun ways you can save during your trip to “the happiest place on earth.” And whether you’re on a tight budget or an unlimited budget, who doesn’t love getting a little something for free?
Check out these 10 cool freebies at the resort and theme parks near Orlando, Florida:
- Celebration buttons: Why not celebrate your trip with a special occasion button? You can get buttons for all sorts of occasions, including your birthday, wedding, anniversary, engagement, family reunion or first visit to Disney World. Or simply pick up a general “I’m Celebrating” button, and write in your own event.
- Club Cool soda: Thirsty? DisneyFanatic.com recommends that you head to Club Cool in Epcot’s Future World to sample different sodas from around the world, all for free.
- Photos: You don’t have to buy a photo in order to use PhotoPass. Simply ask any Disney PhotoPass cast member to take your family’s picture with your camera or phone.
- Leis: Grab yourself a free lei by visiting the front desk at the Polynesian Village Resort.
- Water: Purchasing drinks for the family quickly adds up. Fortunately, you can grab a free cup of ice water by visiting any counter service restaurant. All you need to do is ask!
- Cool collector cards: Who doesn’t love a fun, a free souvenir or something you can use for a vacation scrapbook? According to DisneyTouristBlog, Disney transportation cast members – bus, boat or monorail – should have trading cards available if you ask them. They sometimes run out, but don’t give up – just ask the next transportation operator. The Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom attraction/game also give out free trading cards at the Fire Station on Main Street. You can collect five free spell cards per day for free!
- Chocolate: The Ghirardelli Chocolate Shop in Downtown Disney offers a variety of free chocolate samples. What a great sweet (and free!) treat!
- Autographs: Your kids will have a blast tracking down all their favorite characters and getting their autographs. And don’t forget about the cast members!
- Package delivery: Don’t lug around all your Mickey Mouse purchases like a pack mule. If you’re staying at a Walt Disney World resort hotel, your park purchases can be delivered to your hotel for free.
- Kids’ hair flair: According to the DisneyTouristBlog, the Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom will sprinkle “pixie dust” or confetti on your child’s hair for free.
Do you know of some other fun Disney World freebies? Share them below or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.