Photo by szefei / Shutterstock.com
Moms will have more edible freebies to choose from this Mother’s Day — Sunday — than we’ve ever seen.
Some are freebies you get only if you purchase something else, but others are simply free. In addition, not all of these offers are limited to mothers.
As always, call ahead to confirm the eateries in your area are participating in these promotions.
To further boost your savings, buy a discounted gift card from a marketplace like Cardpool.com or Raise.com before you leave home. To learn more about how they work, check out “How Unwanted Gift Cards Saved Me $300 Last Year.”
Oh, and if you forgot that May 14 is Mother’s Day, be sure to check out “5 Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gift Ideas That Don’t Look Rushed.” Those gifts are both thoughtful and procrastinator-friendly — most can be ordered in a jiffy and sent electronically or hand-delivered as late as Mother’s Day morning.
Now, back to the free and discounted food:
- Boston Market: The 2 for $20 Meal Deal — which offers two drinks, two meals and two desserts for $20 — is available now through Sunday. All Family Meals for at least four people are $5 off on Sunday — present the coupon. Lastly, moms who dine in on Sunday get a coupon good for a free cookie on their next visit, which can be redeemed from May 15 through May 31.
- LaMar’s Donuts: On Sunday, moms get a free red velvet cake doughnut or any nonspecialty doughnut with a hole, as well as a free small coffee or fountain soda.
- PDQ: Moms get a free combo meal with the purchase of a kids meal on Sunday.
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill: Electronic gift cards are 25 percent off now through Sunday — use promo code MOM17. This Italian restaurant chain’s website also refers to these as “e-gift cards” and “digital gift cards.” You buy them online, and they’re emailed to you or the recipient of your choice immediately or at a future date of your choice.
- Shoney’s: Bring your mom on Sunday, and she’ll get a free slice of strawberry pie with the purchase of a food bar or entree. This restaurant chain says the “special holiday food bar” that will be offered on Mother’s Day features “favorites like coconut shrimp, Southern-style vegetables, edamame succotash, and more.”
- Starbucks: All Frappuccinos, including the new Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino, are 50 percent off from 3 to 6 p.m. now through Sunday.
- Sub Zero Ice Cream: Moms get a free small ice cream with one mix-in when you purchase of a small ice cream on Sunday at any location.
- TCBY: Moms get a free treat on Sunday.
- Tijuana Flats: Moms get a free entree on Sunday. Just show this Tex-Mex chain’s Facebook post to claim the offer.
- Wienerschnitzel: Moms get a free Original Chili Dog, small fries and small soda on Sunday “with proof of Mom-bership.” For proof, the chain says moms can “bring in a family photo, tell us an embarrassing story about your kids, or bring your kids in with you.”
Which offers do you plan to take advantage of this weekend? Let us know below or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.