The coronavirus pandemic has eliminated tens of millions of jobs. If you are now looking for work — or are simply considering a new direction — 15 careers are especially in-demand now, according to job site Indeed.
Indeed says the careers on the list are expected to have the largest growth rates over the next five years.
According to Indeed:
“Careers that qualify as in-demand are options that offer long-term growth and contain a large amount of open positions. Industries with in-demand careers seek to fill positions with qualified candidates who possess a specific set of skills and abilities and many of these in-demand jobs are willing to offer certain benefits to encourage longevity.”
The top 15 career fields — ranked by average national salary — are:
- Software developer: $105,090 per year
- Statistician: $83,291
- Information security analyst: $81,555
- Physical therapist: $74,672
- Health services administrator: $70,147
- Web developer: $72,040
- Registered nurse: $70,366
- Financial adviser: $66,083
- Operations research analyst: $61,457
- Medical technologist: $56,368
- Truck driver: $57,616
- Physical therapy aide: $33,238
- Construction worker: $31,616
- Nursing assistant: $28,454
- Home health aide: $11.98 per hour
Indeed notes that these jobs run the gamut — from those that require little more than a high school degree to others where an advanced degree might be necessary to get in the door.
Finding work in tough times
Indeed’s list has arrived in the nick of time. As we recently reported, layoffs related to the coronavirus have hit older workers especially hard. To learn more, check out “10 Jobs Where Older Workers Are Hit Hardest by Coronavirus Layoffs.”
If the jobs on Indeed’s list don’t appeal to you, don’t fret. You will find more growing career fields in our story “10 Jobs in Demand in the Coronavirus Economy and Beyond.”
Finally, for more on landing a job right now, check out:
- “30 Companies Filling Part-Time Remote Jobs Amid the Pandemic“
- “9 Jobs From Home You Can Get and Keep“
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.