Tired of staring at the same four walls? Turn the lockdown into something positive by working part time from home.
At least 20 companies are trying to fill substantial numbers of part-time positions that offer the flexibility to work remotely, according to FlexJobs.
The subscription service for job seekers recently combed its database to identify the companies offering the greatest number of these jobs.
The FlexJobs analysis defines part-time jobs as those that require you to work less than 35 hours a week. The top 20 companies — and some positions for which they have been hiring — are:
- Appen — search engine evaluator, social media evaluator
- Crimson Education — IB Japanese tutoring, UCAT tutor, GAMSAT tutor
- Doctor on Demand — licensed clinical social worker, master level therapist, nocturnist in telemedicine
- FlexProfessionals — digital marketing specialist, paralegal, web-based development project manager
- Grand Canyon University — adjunct in global business, adjunct in managerial accounting, adjunct in advanced taxation
- Independence University — computer science tutor, algebra adjunct instructor, writing tutor
- K12 — High school teacher in ELA, high school teacher in social studies, French teacher
- Kelly Services — project lead-digital migration, sales marketer-appointment setter
- Lionbridge — U.S. personalized ads evaluator, personalized internet ads assessor, web content judge
- Pearson — test center manager, test administrator
- Prof360 — adjunct faculty for business law, adjunct faculty for career development in psychology, adjunct faculty for human development across the lifespan
- Rasmussen College — adjunct instructor for color theory, adjunct instructor for motion graphics, adjunct instructor for humanities
- Robert Half International — bookkeeper, media buyer, call center representative
- Rosetta Stone — German language learning content editor, English online language tutor, Italian online language tutor
- Search Guru — operations assistant, digital marketing lead strategist, content strategist
- Southern New Hampshire University — adjunct faculty in anthropology, adjunct faculty in sociology, adjunct faculty in human services
- Strayer University — teaching assistant in mathematics, adjunct faculty in security, teaching assistant in English
- Supporting Strategies — accountant, manager in remote accounting services, bookkeeper
- VocoVision — speech language pathologist, teacher for the deaf and hard of hearing, teacher for the visually impaired
- Walden University — Contributing faculty for mental health counseling, contributing faculty for nursing/nurse practitioner, faculty for psychology (industrial and organizational)
How to find a work-from-home position
FlexJobs provides one of the best resources for finding legitimate part-time, remote, flexible-schedule or freelance work.
The subscription-based job board specializes in postings for these types of positions. It also screens jobs to make sure no work-from-home scams appear on the site.
Right now, you can cut the subscription cost of FlexJobs by as much as half. To get your savings, simply enter the code JOBS at checkout.
Even if you don’t sign up for a subscription, FlexJobs offers a free blog and email newsletter. For more on FlexJobs, check out “This Job Board Specializes in Remote Work and Flexible Gigs.”
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.