Just as some retailers have already started offering Black Friday deals, some retailers are already offering extra cash back as well.
Currently, 18 retailers are offering double cash back through Ebates.com. They include:
- Amazon: Up to 25 percent cash back (Note that Amazon just unveiled its Black Friday Deals Store and holiday gift guides.)
- Avon: 8 percent
- Banana Republic: 6 percent
- Brooks Brothers: 5 percent
- DirecTV: $110
- GoDaddy: 18 percent
- Groupon: 6 percent
- Hotels.com: 6 percent
- JCPenney: 6 percent
- Lands’ End: 6 percent
- New Balance: 10 percent
- Saks Off Fifth: 8 percent
- ShoeBuy: 12 percent
- Snapfish: 11 percent
- Travelocity: 12 percent
Ebates is what’s known as a cash-back portal. By doing your online shopping through Ebates, you’ll earn cash back — during this promotion and in the future — on purchases from any of more than 2,000 retailers.
Ebates receives a commission from retailers for referring online shoppers to those retailers’ websites. Then Ebates shares that commission with shoppers to encourage them to continue using Ebates. So there is no “catch.”
It’s free to sign up for an Ebates account, and it’s free to use the portal.
Once you’re signed up, all you have to do to earn cash back is:
- Every time you buy something online, start by visiting Ebates’ website and signing in.
- In the search bar at the top of Ebates’ site, enter the name of the retailer where you want to shop.
- Click on Ebates’ orange “Shop Now” button for that retailer. This will redirect you to the retailer’s website, where you can then shop as usual — while earning cash back on most anything you buy there.
You will receive your cash back from Ebates quarterly, as long as you’ve accumulated at least $5.01 in cash back. So far this year, I’ve received three checks totaling $41.11.
Ebates is among the oldest and best known cash-back portals, but it’s not the only one.
Even if you already have an Ebates account, you might want to check out other cash-back portals because different portals often offer different cash-back percentages for a given retailer.
Do you take advantage of cash-back portals? Let us know below or on Facebook.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.