Planning a relaxing stay-at-home New Year’s Eve? Or perhaps planning to spend some of tonight or Friday night in front of the TV?
If so, you have three more shows than usual to pick from on Amazon Video. And you don’t need an Amazon Prime membership to enjoy them.
For a promotion dubbed “‘Tis the Season to Binge Watch,” Amazon is allowing anyone to watch the entire first seasons of its three original TV shows until Dec. 31.
Those shows are:
- “The Man in the High Castle”: Amazon say it “explores the … story of what it would be like if the Allied powers had lost WWII, and Japan and Germany ruled the United States.” It has won two Emmy Awards.
- “Bosch”: Amazon says “this ‘top 10 must-see show’ (TV Guide), based on Michael Connelly’s best-selling novels, features … an LAPD homicide detective.”
- “Mozart in the Jungle”: Amazon says it “peeks behind the curtains at the symphony, where it is just as captivating as the show on stage.” It has won two Golden Globe Awards, including Best Television Series in the Musical or Comedy category.
Normally, these shows can be accessed only by Prime members, but Amazon is waiving that requirement right now.
Of course, this promotion is presumably meant to hook new viewers in hopes they’ll join Prime. But there is a free trial that would allow you to enjoy Prime perks like Amazon Video for a month. Just click the yellow “Start your 30-day Prime free trial” button on the Prime webpage.
To learn more about those perks, check out “8 Major Freebies and Discounts You Get With Amazon Prime.”
For more New Year’s Eve ideas, check out:
- “10 Tips for Throwing a Great, Cheap New Year’s Eve Party“
- “Earn Up to 30 Percent Cash Back on New Year’s Spending“
- “7 New Year’s Resolutions to Make With Your Kids“
Do you have special plans for the last night of 2016? Let us know below or on Facebook.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.