Today and tomorrow are Amazon Prime Day. But if you are among the households without Prime, the sale doesn’t do you much good.
Unless you shop at a competitor hosting its own version of Prime-like deals.
Several big-name retailers are offering deals to compete with Amazon’s annual shopping extravaganza. They include the following.
If you shop these retailers — or others — online, know that you can increase your savings by earning cash back. Go through a cash-back portal like Rakuten, formerly known as Ebates, or pay with a cash-back credit card — or both. Rakuten is currently offering triple cash back.
The retailer says its biggest sale of the summer runs July 15-16 and includes the following deals:
“Day One (Monday, July 15)
- 40% off select furniture and indoor rugs
- Great deals on top kitchen brands, like Instant Pot, KitchenAid and more
- Save on top floorcare items from Shark, Dyson, Hoover and more
- Buy two, get one free on books
Day Two (Tuesday, July 16)
- 5% off Target eGiftCards™ (email and mobile delivery only)
- 30% off exclusive home brands, including indoor and outdoor furniture and rugs, bedding, bath and more
- Up to 30% off select small appliances, cookware and floorcare items
- Great deals for the family, like 30% off swim and select sandals
- Up to 30% off top toy brands and select sporting goods
- 30% off Cat & Jack uniforms for kids
- Up to 30% off Evenflo car seats and strollers”
Ebay is hosting a “crash sale” — a poke at the fact that Amazon’s website has crashed during past years due to a high volume of shoppers visiting on Prime Day.
Ebay’s sale kicked off on July 1 and runs through July 22, with the deals available at ebay.com/deals. The remaining deals are as follows:
- “The Crash Sale [July 15]: Crash the party with doorbuster savings on top brands, including LG, Apple, Samsung, KitchenAid, Garmin, and more over 50% off — with a fresh batch of too-good-to-be-true deals that will drop if Amazon crashes.
- Hot Deals for Hot Days [July 8-22]: Two weeks of new deals launching every day, offering a chance to save big on the hottest tech, smart home devices, home appliances, and more up to 80% off.”
Kohl’s says it is “bringing the summer heat” with two days of sales July 15-16.
The retailer says it will offer doorbuster deals, a 15% off offer for all customers, and an additional $10 off a purchase of $50 or more online only. Visit Kohl’s coupons webpage for details on the additional savings.
Other deals include:
- “Up to 60% off swimsuits select styles
- $15 and under shorts for the family
- $10 and under tees, tanks tops and polos for the family
- $8 beach towels select styles
- $5.99 flip-flops for women select styles
- Special deals on active, including 25% off Adidas across all categories”
Do you know of more retailers offering great deals on Prime Day? Let us know in comments below or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.