Today and tomorrow are Amazon Prime Day. But if you are among the households without Prime, the sale doesn’t do you much good.
Unless you shop at a competitor hosting its own version of Prime-like deals.
Several big-name retailers are offering deals to compete with Amazon’s annual shopping extravaganza. They include the following.
If you shop these retailers — or others — online, know that you can increase your savings by earning cash back. Go through a cash-back portal like Rakuten, formerly known as Ebates, or pay with a cash-back credit card — or both. Rakuten is currently offering triple cash back.
The retailer says its biggest sale of the summer runs July 15-16 and includes the following deals:
“Day One (Monday, July 15)
- 40% off select furniture and indoor rugs
- Great deals on top kitchen brands, like Instant Pot, KitchenAid and more
- Save on top floorcare items from Shark, Dyson, Hoover and more
- Buy two, get one free on books
Day Two (Tuesday, July 16)
- 5% off Target eGiftCards™ (email and mobile delivery only)
- 30% off exclusive home brands, including indoor and outdoor furniture and rugs, bedding, bath and more
- Up to 30% off select small appliances, cookware and floorcare items
- Great deals for the family, like 30% off swim and select sandals
- Up to 30% off top toy brands and select sporting goods
- 30% off Cat & Jack uniforms for kids
- Up to 30% off Evenflo car seats and strollers”
Ebay is hosting a “crash sale” — a poke at the fact that Amazon’s website has crashed during past years due to a high volume of shoppers visiting on Prime Day.
Ebay’s sale kicked off on July 1 and runs through July 22, with the deals available at ebay.com/deals. The remaining deals are as follows:
- “The Crash Sale [July 15]: Crash the party with doorbuster savings on top brands, including LG, Apple, Samsung, KitchenAid, Garmin, and more over 50% off — with a fresh batch of too-good-to-be-true deals that will drop if Amazon crashes.
- Hot Deals for Hot Days [July 8-22]: Two weeks of new deals launching every day, offering a chance to save big on the hottest tech, smart home devices, home appliances, and more up to 80% off.”
Kohl’s says it is “bringing the summer heat” with two days of sales July 15-16.
The retailer says it will offer doorbuster deals, a 15% off offer for all customers, and an additional $10 off a purchase of $50 or more online only. Visit Kohl’s coupons webpage for details on the additional savings.
Other deals include:
- “Up to 60% off swimsuits select styles
- $15 and under shorts for the family
- $10 and under tees, tanks tops and polos for the family
- $8 beach towels select styles
- $5.99 flip-flops for women select styles
- Special deals on active, including 25% off Adidas across all categories”
Do you know of more retailers offering great deals on Prime Day? Let us know in comments below or on our Facebook page.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.