Money Talks News has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Money Talks News and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Butcher? Baker? Candlestick maker? If you own a small business with employees — or just earn extra income on your own doing something like walking dogs, driving for Uber or selling crafts on Etsy — you may qualify for some of the most awesome credit card deals on the market.
These cards, aimed specifically at small business owners and self-employed individuals, can help you get through rough patches in cash flow, cover business expenses and rack up rewards points at a tremendous rate. See which one would best meet your needs:
Why we love it: This card rewards you with a whopping 80,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 within three months — and if you’re running a business, you know how quickly you can ring up that amount in expenses. Then you have 80,000 points to pour back into your enterprise or fund a vacation — that’s roughly enough to get two roundtrip tickets to Hawaii from the continental U.S. through most loyalty programs.
- Earn 3 points for every $1 spent up to $150,000 on travel and other categories like advertising, phone and shipping expenses
- Earn 1 point for every $1 after that — unlimited
- No cost for adding employee cards
- No foreign transaction fees
Note: This card has $95 annual fee.
Why it’s great: This card is especially good if you’re trying to keep the never-ending stream of business costs in check. You’ll rack up 5% cash back on every $1 spent at office supply stores and on internet and cable up to $25,000 in a given year with the card. You also earn cash back for spending on gas, restaurants and other purchases. And, for the first 12 months, you pay 0% APR on purchases.
- Earn 2% cash back on gas and restaurant expenses up to $25,000 in a given year
- Earn 1% — unlimited — on all other purchases
- Pay 0% APR for an introductory period of 12 months
- No annual fee
Capital One Spark Cash for Business
Why we love this one: This card also bolsters your bottom line by paying cash back — 2% on every purchase you make anywhere, unlimited. You also get a $500 bonus if you spend $4,500 within the first three months of opening the account. Again, not a very high threshold for many businesses to reach!
- Free employee cards, which also earn 2% cash back on purchases, unlimited
- Rewards won’t expire for the life of the account, and you can redeem them anytime
- $0 annual fee for the first year, then $95/year