Friday is National Pizza Day. So, if you’re in the mood for pizza — even for dessert — there will likely be a freebie or discount for you on Friday. Following are five examples.
Just consider calling ahead to confirm that a particular location is taking part in a promotion. The fine print on most of these deals says they’re available only at “participating locations” but does not specify further.
- Baskin-Robbins: Get a free sample of the Sweetheart Polar Pizza Ice Cream Treat from 3 to 7 p.m. Friday. This new menu item is described as “a heart-shaped Double-Fudge Brownie crust topped with Love Potion #31 Ice Cream, fudge brownie pieces, marshmallow topping and festive heart quins.”
- Pilot and Flying J travel centers: Get a free slice of pizza on Friday if you download the myPilot app, which is available for Android and Apple devices.
- Pizza Hut: Get 30 percent off all menu-priced pizzas on Friday if you sign up for Pizza Hut’s loyalty program, Hut Rewards. The offer will be delivered to your Hut Rewards account on Friday.
- Round Table Pizza: Get a free original personal pizza — cheese or pepperoni — with the purchase of a Pepsi drink if you dine in from 2 to 5 p.m. Friday. The promotion will benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Note that a list of participating locations is available on Round Table Pizza’s website.
- Whole Foods Market: Large take-and-bake pizzas are on sale for $9.99 on Friday.
Note that these deals are all tied to National Pizza Day. They aren’t the extent of all the pizza discounts that are out there. So, if none of these offers appeals to you, call up or check the website of your favorite pizza place to find specials they might be running.
Will you celebrate National Pizza Day by taking advantage of any discounts? Let us know which one — comment below or on our Facebook page.