There are few foods more quintessentially American than the hamburger.
With mouthwatering burger variations that run the gamut — from the classic fast-casual beef patty to a black bean veggie burger to a beef burger covered in mac and cheese or even a ramen burger — it’s no wonder that Americans eat a whopping 9 billion hamburgers a year.
And considering the appetite we have for the iconic food, it’s no wonder that someone came up with National Hamburger Day (May 28) which you can celebrate with sizzling hamburger deals served up by these restaurants:
- Burger 21: The popular fast-casual burger chain is giving away free cheeseburgers to people who download its “B Loyal” mobile app, available from Google Play and the Apple app store. If you get Burger 21’s app before May 27, you’ll automatically be entered for a chance to win its Cheesy Burgers free for a year. Burger 21 plans to pick a winner on May 28.
- McDonald’s: You can score two Big Mac burgers for just $5 at Mickey D’s. The burger chain just launched its “McPick 2 for $5″ promotion, which includes the Big Mac, Filet-O-Fish and 10-piece Chicken McNuggets.
- Red Robin: If you’re a member of the Red Robin rewards club, you can score a BOGO-half off burger through May 29.
- TGI Friday’s: You can fill up on a Truffle Stacked Burger and Blackberry Margarita (or another beverage and entree combo from TGIF’s dine and drink pairing menu) for just $12 through June 19.
- Steak ‘n Shake: Print this coupon to score a Western BBQ ‘n Bacon Double Steakburger with fries and a side for just $4.99.
- Arooga’s Grille House & Sports Bar: If you wait until June 3, you can celebrate National Hamburger Day and National Doughnut Day at the same time with a BOGO-free deal on Arooga’s Wagyu Doughnut Burger. “You read that right, it’s a burger inside of a glazed doughnut split and toasted as a bun,” Gary Huether Jr., president and co-founder of Arooga’s, told Restaurant News. “We feature a grain-fed, free-range Wagyu Kobe burger topped with crispy Applewood smoked bacon, creamy American cheese and served on a, well, you know.”
Where’s your favorite place to grab a hamburger, or do you like to fry up a burger at home? Share your comments below or on our Facebook page.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.