You don’t have to be a math whiz or a numbers aficionado to celebrate National Pi Day — a day devoted to the mathematical constant pi (3.141596253) — on March 14, also written as 3/14.
But before you balk at the obscure holiday, know this: If you appreciate a good bargain — like a pizza pie for $3.14 — you’ll love Pi Day.
Here are some standout pi-themed deals for March 14:
- Blaze Pizza: Head to a nearby Blaze Pizza on March 14 and feast on $3.14 pizzas. The discounted pizza deal is limited to one per order.
- Whole Foods: You can get a $3.14 discount on a large pie from the Whole Foods’ bakery, or $3.14 off a large take-and-bake pizza on Pi Day. The deal is good while supplies last.
- Boston Market: With this coupon — and the purchase of an individual meal and drink — you can score a free chicken pot pie at Boston Market on March 14.
- Grand Traverse Pie Company: Score a free slice of Michigan ABC Pie (apples, blueberries and cherries) with any purchase at the pie company on March 14. The restaurant is also offering $150 in free “Pie DOUGH” gift cards for reciting pi digits and a chance to win free pie for a year to the winners of a pi-themed video contest.
- Urban Bricks Pizza: You can score $3.14 pizzas on Pi Day.
- Villa Italian Kitchen: In celebration of Pi Day, participating Villa locations nationwide are offering one full-size Neapolitan cheese pizza for $3.14. Just make sure you get the coupon first.
- Bojangles: The restaurant is offering three of its sweet potato pies for $3.14 on Tuesday.
- Your Pie: Your Pie locations across the U.S. are offering $3.14 pizza pies, as well as $3.14 pints of craft beer and $3.14 combos.
How do you plan on celebrating Pi Day? Share your thoughts below or on Facebook.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.