Whether your idea of relaxing after doing taxes involves a free massage, a no-cost beer or gratis dessert, you are in luck.
Those are among the freebies that will be handed out on or around Tax Day, which this year falls on Tuesday, April 18.
Even better, they are true freebies. You need not buy anything or sign up for anything before you can claim them. Simply show up.
We suggest calling ahead, though, to confirm a specific location is participating in an offer. To find out whether the following chains have a location near you, just click on the retailer or restaurant name below.
- Cookie: Great American Cookies is offering a free Birthday Cake Cookie on Tuesday.
- Corn dog: Hot Dog on a Stick is offering a free Original Turkey Dog on Tuesday.
- Beer: World of Beer is offering a free select draught — or $5 off your check — on Tuesday.
- Massage: HydroMassage is offering a free HydroMassage experience from April 15 through April 22. If you visit a Planet Fitness location for your massage, present the coupon. If you visit a location not affiliated with Planet Fitness, call ahead to schedule your massage.
- Document shredding: Office Depot and Office Max will shred up to 5 pounds of paper for free through April 29. Just present the coupon, which is valid for one-time use.
- Admission: The National Park Service is offering free admission to all of its locations on April 15-16 and 22-23. They include not just national parks but also national monuments, historic sites and recreation areas, among others.
Do you know of other Tax Day freebies? Share them by commenting below or on our Facebook page.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.