Photo by one photo / Shutterstock.com
Ibotta is currently offering up to $50 in cash bonuses as part of a special “Dash for Cash” event that just got underway.
Ibotta is a free mobile app for Android and Apple devices that is popular among serious money-savers because it pays users cash rebates. We cited it in “The 5 Best Apps to Make You Money in 2017.”
If you already use Ibotta, skip down to the section titled “About Ibotta’s Dash for Cash.” If you’ve not used Ibotta before, read the next section to learn what you should know about it.
Why Ibotta is among the best money-saving apps
Ibotta enables you to earn cash rebates on purchases from all kinds of retailers. As Ibotta’s website puts it:
“Ibotta is a free app that pays you cash for everyday purchases. Ditch the coupons and get cash back the fun and easy way. Ibotta has exclusive rebates at your favorite grocery stores, retailers and shops. …”
You don’t have to take Ibotta’s word for it, though. Just check out the app’s ratings, which include 4.5 out of 5 stars in both the Google Play app store and Apple’s App Store.
There are three ways to earn rebates through Ibotta:
- Take photos of your receipts.
- Link your store loyalty program accounts with your Ibotta account.
- Make purchases from online retailers by going through Ibotta.
Then, after each time you shop, Ibotta will match up the items you bought with the rebates you selected before the shopping trip. The cash you earn from those rebates is deposited into your Ibotta account.
Once you’ve accumulated $20 in rebates, you can transfer it to a PayPal or Venmo account as cash, or convert it to a gift card. Racking up $20 is easier than you might think, as Ibotta is currently offering a $10 welcome bonus to new users who sign up for an account.
About Ibotta’s Dash for Cash
Ibotta announced its Dash for Cash event in a blog post, which explains:
“This month we want to give you even more chances to earn cash back — so we’re giving out special bonuses when you redeem at new retailers and mobile shopping apps. These rebates will come and go fast so check the app often!”
That’s about all there is to it, but here are a few pointers if you’re new to Ibotta:
- You can find newly available bonuses on the “Featured Bonuses” section of the “Featured” screen, which is the screen you see upon loading the app.
- You can view all of your available and completed bonuses via the “Account” section of the main menu. From there, just click on “Bonuses.”
- Dash for Cash is going on for a “limited time only,” Ibotta says, so don’t wait long to start racking up cash bonuses.
- When you’re in the app, look for an extra $5 cash-back bonus called the “Dash for Cash Bonus.” Ibotta says “check your app for details.”
Do you use Ibotta? Let us know below or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.