Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | RadioPublic | Stitcher | RSS
Everybody wants to do the right thing for our planet. We want to reduce pollution, keep the world from warming up, and fight for clean air and water. We also want to do the right thing when it comes to people: Encourage diversity, stop sexual harassment and support fair labor practices.
And when it comes to investing, we want companies that embody the same beliefs: companies that don’t hurt the earth or the people on it.
That’s the idea behind environmental, social and governance investing, also known as ESG investing and socially responsible investing (SRI).
Putting your money where your beliefs are: It’s getting ever more popular. As of 2020, more than $17 trillion has found its way into funds that specialize in ESG. But is ESG investing really going to save the planet, or is this another clever package Wall Street is using to wrap up your money?
We’re about to find out. Because that’s what this week’s “Money!” podcast is about. We’re going to look under the hood of ESG investing and when we’re done, you’ll have everything you need to decide whether it’s fantastic or fad. And we’re going to do it without making your eyes glaze over.
As usual, my co-host will be financial journalist Miranda Marquit. Listening in and sometimes contributing is producer and novice investor Aaron Freeman.
Sit back, relax and listen to this week’s “Money!” podcast:
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
Don’t listen to podcasts?
A podcast is basically a radio show you can listen to anywhere and anytime, either by downloading it to your smartphone, or by listening online. They’re awesome for learning stuff and being entertained when you’re in the car, doing chores, jogging or, if you’re like me, riding your bicycle.
You can listen to our latest podcasts here or download them to your phone from any number of places, including Apple, Spotify, RadioPublic, Stitcher and RSS.
If you haven’t listened to our podcast yet, give it a try, then subscribe. You’ll be glad you did!
Want more information? Check out these resources:
- NerdWallet: Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Investing and How to Get Started
- Forbes: Environmental, Social And Governance: What Is ESG Investing?
- Investor’s Business Daily: 100 Best ESG Companies Combine Superior Stock Ratings With Social Values
- Bloomberg: Trillion-Dollar ESG Boom Rings Bubble-Trouble Alarm in New Study
- Motley Fool: What is ESG Investing & What Are ESG Stocks?
- Vox: The thorny truth about socially responsible investing
- SustainFi: The Complete Guide to ESG Investing
- U.S. News & World Report: 7 ESG Funds to Buy Now
- NerdWallet: Best ESG Funds: High-Rated and Low-Cost Options
- Kiplinger: 7 ESG ETFs to Buy for Responsible Profits
- Financial Times: ESG outperformance narrative ‘is flawed’, new research shows
- Associated Press: From fad to force, sustainable investing sweeps Wall Street
- Stacy’s stock portfolio
- Subscribe to the Money Talks News newsletter
- Take our course The Only Retirement Guide You'll Ever Need
- Take our course Money Made Simple
- Miranda Marquit’s website
Add a Comment
Our Policy: We welcome relevant and respectful comments in order to foster healthy and informative discussions. All other comments may be removed. Comments with links are automatically held for moderation.