This post comes from partner site WhistleOut.com.
So, you’re not a teenager, and you weren’t raised with a lot of electronic devices. And maybe you’re not so reliant on them, so maybe your needs and wishes for your device are not the same as your grandkids’.
Want a cellphone and plan specifically designed to meet the needs of a mature user? If so, a GreatCall plan could be for you. This cellphone service provider offers not only data and minutes but also devices and unique health and wellness features tailored to fit senior lifestyles. Find out more about GreatCall’s services and products. It may be just what you or your loved ones need.
You can count on reliable service from this carrier that uses the nation’s largest network (Verizon — our coverage maps verify it). GreatCall prioritizes ease-of-use and makes products and services designed to keep seniors connected, safe and healthy.
Here’s what GreatCall plans offer:
- Coverage on the nation’s largest network
- No annual contracts
- No cancellation fees
- 100 percent U.S.-based customer service
With devices created specifically for mature users, everything from the screen icons to the menu is easy-to-see and intuitive. The following phone options are available exclusively at GreatCall and require full upfront payment.
Jitterbug Smart: A simple smartphone whose big screen has large icons and text that are easy to see and use. It also has these features:
- Long-lasting battery
- Voice typing
- Mobile internet access
- Usage meter: track minutes, text and data
- Built-in camera
Jitterbug Flip: This flip-style phone is a bit smaller but still easy to use. It also features:
- Bigger, bright screen
- Long-lasting battery
- Bigger buttons with a special 5Star Urgent Response button
- Reading magnifier with LED flashlight
- Powerful speaker
- Built-in camera
GreatCall health and safety features
In addition to talk, text and data plans, GreatCall offers a variety of unique health and safety features. Here’s an overview of a few the features available. For a comprehensive list of options and descriptions, check out GreatCall’s site.
- 5Star Urgent Response: Count on 24/7 reliable and quick access to IAED (International Academies of Emergency Dispatch) certified 5Star agents who will confirm your location, evaluate your situation and get you the help you need. Whether you’re lost in an unfamiliar part of town, walking in a parking lot at night, or experiencing a medical issue, 5Star service can help. Trained in CPR and other emergency procedures, they can assist you with any uncertain or unsafe situation, 24 hours a day.
- GreatCall Link: This feature helps caregivers stay informed about the health and safety of the cellphone user. Authorized contacts will have access to the GreatCall Link app that not only shows information about the subscriber’s daily activities and location but also sends alerts when he or she makes an emergency call.
- Urgent care: Speak with a live nurse or a doctor 24/7 and even get a prescription for common medications over the phone. Easily access quality medical advice that’s available anytime, anywhere, no insurance necessary.
- Personal operator: Get unlimited access to a live operator who will assist you with various tasks like finding addresses and looking up phone numbers. Operators will also connect you to any number in the U.S. or Canada.
- MedCoach: This medication reminder service helps you stay on schedule with medications and refills. You can easily follow your medication and vitamin schedule as prescribed with friendly reminder messages delivered to your phone. The service can even connect you to your pharmacy for prescription refills.
Would you or someone you know benefit from the special features described here? Share your thoughts in comments below or on our Facebook page.
More from WhistleOut.com:
- “Which SIM Card Size Do I Order When I Switch Carriers?”
- “Internet Speeds: How Fast Do You Need?”
- “How to Make Your Phone’s Fingerprint Reader More Reliable”
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.