A new streaming service is offering more than 500 hours of international content for free.
Globi lets you watch everything from feature films to TV drama series, with titles from more than 20 countries. Most of the content is exclusive to the platform.
Examples of Globi’s foreign content include:
- “Polina,” a French drama film that was screened as part of the 2016 Venice Film Festival
- “Ma Ma,” a Spanish drama film starring Academy Award-winning actress Penelope Cruz
- “Terribly Happy,” a Danish crime-drama film
- “Over Water,” a Belgian drama series
- “Stockholm Requiem,” a Swedish crime series
- “Rare Exports,” a Finnish fantasy-action horror film
- “November” an award-winning Estonian fantasy horror film
- “Embrace of the Serpent,” an Academy Award-nominated historical adventure film from Colombia
- “Reality,” an Italian drama film that won the Grand Prix award at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival
All content that is not in English has English subtitles, with the subtitles turned on by default, Globi says.
In a press release, Globi CEO Tariq Jalil says:
“Providing American audiences with the opportunity to binge sophisticated global fare and broaden their exposure to diverse cultures through compelling films and TV series, Globi intends to shift the consumption of award-winning content to further strengthen and expand the cultured streaming experience.”
Globi launched in North America on Dec. 9 and says it will be available in most countries by the end of 2022. The free service is advertising-based, so you can expect to see commercials.
Right now, Globi is available online at Globi.tv and through:
- Amazon Fire
- Android mobile app
- Apple TV
- iOS mobile app
Looking for additional streaming alternatives? Check out:
You can also discover more free options in “15 Free Streaming Services to Watch at Home.”