There’s only one acceptable kind of shopping, as far as I’m concerned: shopping that pays.
It’s more commonly referred to as earning cash back or cash rebates on purchases. But I like to look at it as getting paid to go shopping.
Now is the best time of year for it, too. The websites and apps that offer cash rebates tend to boost their offers during the holiday shopping season.
Take this weekend, for example: Now through Sunday, the popular money-saving app Ibotta is offering more than $30 worth of additional cash back on certain purchases. An Ibotta blog post explains:
“Planning your holiday shopping? Need to book a flight or hotel room? Now through 11/19, you can earn over $30.00 in holiday bonuses when you redeem offers from qualifying shopping categories.”
Mind you, these bonuses are on top of the usual cash back you earn through Ibotta.
So, check the app for the following bonuses right now. According to Ibotta:
- Fall Into the Holidays #1 Bonus: Get an extra $5.00 when you redeem offers from any category.
- Fall Into the Holidays #2 Bonus: Get an extra $2.00 when you redeem offers from any category.
- Fall Into Festive Spirits Bonus: Get an extra $2.00 when you redeem offers from the Beer, Wine & Spirits category.
- Fall Into Travel Bonus: Get an extra $10.00 bonus when you spend a total of $500 or more on any of our Mobile Shopping travel partners.
- Fall Into Fashion Bonus: Get an extra $5.00 when you spend a total of $100 or more on qualifying Mobile Shopping clothing & apparel partners.
- Fall Into Entertainment Bonus: Get an extra $5.00 bonus when you spend a total of $100 or more on qualifying Mobile Shopping entertainment partners.
- Fall Into Home Bonus: Get an extra $5.00 when you spend a total of $100 on qualifying Mobile Shopping home and decor partners.
- Fall Into Delivery Bonus: Get an extra $2.00 when you spend a total of $35.00 or more on qualifying Mobile Shopping delivery partners.
- Spend $50.00 at QVC Bonus: Get an extra $10.00 bonus when you spend $50 on a single eligible purchase on QVC, plus earn cash back on your order.
- HSN Bonus: Earn an extra $10.00 when you redeem your first HSN offer, plus earn cash back on your order.
- Overstock Bonus: Earn an extra $5.00 when you redeem the Overstock offer, plus earn cash back on your order.
Just note Ibotta says it “cannot guarantee the bonuses or offers available to each user, as that may change depending on individuals’ preferences or user activity.”
If you already use Ibotta, you should be set to browse and redeem the special bonuses. If not, start by registering for an account and downloading the app.
How to use Ibotta
Ibotta is a free app available for Android and Apple devices. We’ve told you about it in stories like:
There are three methods to score cash rebates through Ibotta:
- Make purchases from online retailers by going through Ibotta, effectively using the app as a cash-back portal.
- Take photos of your receipts.
- Link your store loyalty program accounts with your Ibotta account.
Once you’ve accumulated $20 in rebates, you can transfer it to a PayPal or Venmo account as cash, or convert it to a gift card. Racking up $20 is easier than you might think, as Ibotta is currently offering a $10 welcome bonus for registering for an account.
To learn more about the basics of how Ibotta works, check out this video:
Do you use Ibotta? Let us know what you think about it by commenting below or on our Facebook page.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.