July 4th is right around the corner, but if you’ve been thinking of purchasing a new grill for that holiday barbecue, you’re going to want to make sure your grill gives you everything you paid for. Just follow these simple grill buying tips, and you can’t go wrong.
- Look for a grill made from solid stainless steel, but make sure you get high quality stainless steel. Quick tip: American made stainless steel is superior to imported.
- Make sure your grill is easy to clean, especially if you plan on doing a lot of grilling.
- Even heat means even cooking. A grill that can distribute heat across its entire cooking surface will almost always grill up better food.
- The more controls, the better! A grill with plenty of cooking options will let you get the most from whatever you cook on it.
- Don’t worry so much about the BTUs that each grill is rated for. The first four tips are much more important.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.