Photo (cc) by JerryLai0208
Are you in the market for a new car? If you’re looking for a vehicle that’s easy on the wallet, especially when it comes to fuel economy, then you’re in luck.
Consumer Reports tested a number of cars and ranked them according to the best and worst gas mileage. Here are some of CR’s top-ranked cars according to how they sip gas:
- Ford Fiesta SE — 35 mpg overall.
- Honda Civic Hybrid — 40 mpg.
- Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE — 38 mpg.
- Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited — 36 mpg.
- Ford C-MAX Hybrid SE — 37 mph.
- Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid — 28 mpg.
- Lexus RX 450h — 26 mpg.
- Toyota Tacoma (base, V6) — 17 mpg.
If fuel economy is important to you, you might want to pass on these gas-guzzling vehicles, CR said:
- Volkswagen Gold 2.5 — 24 mpg.
- Chevrolet SS — 17 mpg.
- Lincoln Navigator Ultimate — 13 mpg.
- Cadillac Escalade (base) — 13 mpg.
Click here for a full list of vehicles, including all sizes of cars and SUVs, plus minivans and trucks, that CR has ranked according to the best and worst gas mileage.
If you’re looking for a senior-friendly vehicle – one that scores well for access, visibility, front-seat comfort, driving position, and controls, then you might want to check out CR’s list of top-rated senior vehicles.
Here are five of CR’s top 10 cars for seniors:
- 2014 Chevrolet Impala. “Interior quiet and ride comfort rival some luxury sedans,” CR said.
- 2008-2014 Honda Accord. CR said the Accord is “generously accommodating for the driver,” even for tall drivers. Good visibility and improved fuel economy also make it a winner.
- 2009-2015 Subaru Forester. “No car is better designed for the older driver, or any driver who values easy access and great outward visibility, than the Subaru Forester,” CR said. Need we say more?
- 2004-2014 Toyota Highlander. Easy access, good visibility and improved handling help the Highlander stand out from its competition.
- 2011-2014 Chrysler 300. CR said the 300 is quiet, rides well and has an easy-to-use touch-screen system.
Click here for CR’s list of the top 10 cars for seniors.
What do you think of the vehicles that made CR’s best fuel economy list? Share your thoughts below or on our Facebook page.