If you’ve been waiting for some inspiration to jump-start your holiday shopping — or to do any other shopping online — how does saving an additional 12 percent sound?
Ebates is offering 12 percent cash back at more than 350 retailers and brands — but only until 3 a.m. ET Tuesday. This cash back is in addition to any savings you rack up through sales or other discounts.
Just to name a few, the retailers and brands that are participating in this Ebates promotion include:
- 5.11 Tactical
- Barnes & Noble
- David’s Bridal
- Dollar Shave Club
- Ghirardelli Chocolatier
- Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- J.C. Penney
- Rite Aid
- Pier 1 Imports
- See’s Candies
- The Grommet — which we told you about in “16 Places to Find the Perfect Gift for Anyone“
- The Honest Company
- Things Remembered
- Thrifty Rental Car
- Tiny Prints
- Vera Bradley
To view the complete list of the 350-plus retailers and brands participating in this promotion, visit Ebates’ home page and click on “See All 350+ Stores,” which is written in green next to where it says “ONE DAY ONLY! Everybody Wins With 12%.”
Boosting your savings
You can amass serious savings if you combine Ebates’ 12 percent cash-back offer with other discounts and then pay with a rewards credit card.
This is easy to do, as many of the companies participating in Ebates’ promotion today are also offering promotions of their own. For example:
- Barnes & Noble is offering $5 off orders of $40 or more through Sept. 26 if you use code HAPPYFALL. Other current offers involve getting a free mystery novel or paperback with the purchase of certain books.
- Shutterfly is offering 50 percent off everything through Sept. 27 if you use code HALFOFF. I’ll be taking advantage of this deal to get some Christmas shopping out of the way early. Two other companies that sell photo-based gifts that can be personalized — Mixbook and Tiny Prints — are also offering discounts right now.
- Teavana is offering 30 percent off its fall teas and matcha green tea, among other deals.
I saw those offers on the home pages of the retailers’ websites. So take a minute to review Ebates’ list of companies participating in its current 12 percent cash-back offer. If any strike your fancy, check their websites for deals.
About Ebates and similar sites
Ebates is a cash-back portal. That means when you shop through that website, you earn rebates in the form of cash — commonly called “cash back.”
To earn cash back, simply visit Ebates’ website and select the retailer where you want to shop. From there, you will be redirected to the retailer’s website. Alternatively, you can use Ebates’ browser extension or mobile app.
Like other cash-back portals, Ebates receives a commission from retailers for referring online shoppers to those retailers’ websites. Then, Ebates shares that commission with shoppers. So your cash back is your share of that commission.
I pocketed $101.56 in cash back by using Ebates last year.
To get started with Ebates or any other cash-back portal, just sign up for an account. Signing up for and using Ebates is free.
Other cash-back portals that also are free include:
Even if you already have an Ebates account, you might want to check out other portals, as some portals are known to offer more cash back than others at a given retailer. I’ve been using both Ebates and TopCashback this year.
Do you know of other great deals today? Let us know below or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.