Nearly every day, there’s news that affects you and your money. From politics and taxes to markets and interest rates, things are happening that affect your savings and your future — so many things, in fact, it’s hard to keep up with them all.
Problem solved. We track everything that’s happening every day. And every couple of weeks, we condense it all and report everything you need to know in a special edition of the “Money!” podcast.
In addition to recapping the news, we check in on our personal investments, and discuss ideas and suggestions to make you smarter and richer, all without boring you to death in the process.
Sit back, relax and listen to this special edition of the “Money!” podcast:
Don’t listen to podcasts?
A podcast is basically a radio show you can listen to anywhere and anytime, either by downloading it to your smartphone, or by listening online. They’re awesome for learning stuff and being entertained when you’re in the car, doing chores, jogging or, if you’re like me, riding your bicycle.
If you haven’t listened to our podcast yet, give it a try, then subscribe. You’ll be glad you did!
Want more information? Check out these resources:
- USA Today: Home prices spiked 18% in July. Should you put off buying for the time being?
- Barron’s: 2 Good Reasons the Stock Market Isn’t Ready to Blow Up Yet
- Barron’s: Stocks Are Mixed After Weak Jobs News
- Bloomberg: Goldman Cuts U.S. Growth Forecast as Consumer Sees ‘Harder Path’
- Wall Street Journal: Aluminum Hits Decade High After Guinea Coup Imperils Bauxite Supplies
- Bloomberg: Investment Banks Turn Sour on U.S. Equity Outlook
- Wall Street Journal: White House Unveils Plan to Cut Prescription-Drug Prices
- Bloomberg: Inequality Has Cost the U.S. Nearly $23 Trillion Since 1990
- Bloomberg: More Strategists Say a Storm Is Brewing in the U.S. Stock Market
- Wall Street Journal: U.S. Stock Market Faces Risk of Bumpy Autumn, Wall Street Analysts Warn
- New York Times: House Democrats Outline Tax Increases for Wealthy Businesses and Individuals
- CNBC: Consumer prices post smaller-than-expected increase in August
- CNBC: Fewer deals and shipping delays: Here are some early predictions for the holiday season
- Bloomberg: SEC Gives Whistle-Blower $110 Million in Second-Biggest Payout
- Subscribe to the Money Talks News newsletter
- Take our course The Only Retirement Guide You'll Ever Need
- Take our course Money Made Simple
- Miranda Marquit’s website
I founded Money Talks News in 1991. I’m a CPA, and I have also earned licenses in stocks, commodities, options principal, mutual funds, life insurance, securities supervisor and real estate.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.