When Ford vehicles have an airbag problem or Kraft recalls millions of boxes of macaroni, it’s headline-worthy news. But what about the many other products you use every day?
Thankfully, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, or CPSC, keeps tabs on these items.
The CPSC is an independent federal regulatory agency tasked with protecting the public against risk of injury or death posed by consumer products. Among its duties is to obtain product recalls and arrange for a repair, replacement or refund for the recalled products, according to CPSC.gov.
Under the Consumer Product Safety Act, all manufacturers, importers, distributors and retailers are required to report any potentially hazardous products to the federal government within 24 hours of discovery.
The CPSC collects that information and logs these recalls at CPSC.gov/recalls. There you can scroll through the latest recalls or use the search bar to find a particular product.
To make it even easier, we’ve compiled the products recalled during April 2022. Check the list below to see if you own or use any of these items. You may be entitled to a refund, replacement or repair.
Recognize a product? Simply click on its name to be directed to the applicable page of the CPSC website. There you will find more details, including a photo of the item, the reason it was recalled, the remedy that’s being offered, and contact information so you can proceed with the recall process.
- Clikk High Chairs (sold at multiple retailers)
- Bestar Wall Beds (multiple retailers)
- biOrigins Sodium Hydroxide Products (Amazon.com)
- Shell Diving Inflation Valves (multiple retailers)
- Craftsman and Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mowers (multiple retailers)
- FAO Schwarz Toy Wood Play Smart Robot Buddy and Sensory Boards (FAO Schwarz and Target)
- GE Free-Standing French Door Refrigerators (multiple retailers)
- Hempvana Pain Relief Products (multiple retailers)
- Rae Prenatal and Immunity Capsules (multiple retailers)
- Crafters Square Glue Guns (Dollar Tree and Family Dollar)
- Norwex Ceramic Knives (Norwex USA and Norwex Canada)
- Luxe + Willow Heated Blankets (multiple retailers)
- The Red League Children’s Pajamas (multiple retailers)
- Insignia Air Fryers and Air Fryer Ovens (multiple retailers)
- Nectar Premier Mattresses (NectarSleep.com)
- Monti Kids Wooden Push Toys (Montikids.com)
- SafeRacks/Monsterrax Overhead Garage Storage Racks (multiple retailers)
- H for Happy Woven Bunny Baskets (Bed Bath & Beyond)
- Best Naturals Organic Wintergreen Essential Oil (Amazon.com and Walmart.com)
- Yamaha Off-Road Motorcycles (Yamaha motorcycle dealers)
- Generac and DR Power Electric Start Pressure Washers (multiple retailers)
- AmazonBasics School Classroom Stack Chairs (Amazon.com)
- Polaris RZR Recreational Off-Road Vehicles (Polaris dealers)
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.