This post comes from partner site WhistleOut.com.
Want in on the biggest secret in cellphone savings? Here it is. You can get a year — yes, a full twelve months — of free unlimited data service when you switch to Sprint and bring your eligible cellphone.
New customers will receive a year of free calls, texts and unlimited data — a savings of $50 a month (Sprint’s current cost for a line of unlimited data) or $600 a year. And when you compare Sprint’s deal against the major carriers’ unlimited data plans the difference in cost is impressive. (All prices below include an auto-pay discount.)
- Verizon Go Unlimited Plan: 1 line $75/month. Savings: $900/year
- AT&T Unlimited Data Plus Plan: 1 line $90/month. Savings $1,080/year
- T-Mobile ONE Unlimited Data Plan: 1 line $70/month. Savings $840/year
How Sprint’s FREE Unlimited data deal works
Anyone who switches to Sprint and brings his or her eligible smartphone, can get up to five free lines of unlimited data for a year. Keep your phone and number, all you have to do is purchase a new SIM card which costs $2.99 plus $10 shipping & handling fee. (Not sure how SIMs work? No worries, we’ve got an easy guide to help you out). Plus the $30 activation fee is waived. This offer is available for a limited time.
The finer print …
- The free year of service expires Oct. 31, 2018, when you’ll be charged $60 a month for the first line, $40 a month for the second line, and $30 a month for each additional line. (For a family of four, count on paying $160 a month.)
- You must own your phone in full and only eligible phones qualify for this offer (qualifying devices are listed below).
- Auto-pay enrollment is required.
- SIM card ($2.99) purchase is also required. (There’s a $10 shipping and handling fee if you order online.)
Sprint Unlimited Data Plan features
- Unlimited talk, text and data. After you have used 23GB of high-speed data in a month, speed can be temporarily slowed during times of high network traffic (data deprioritization).
- 10GB of high speed hot spot data
- High definition video streaming
- International roaming, which includes 2G data and text messaging in over 165 countries
These are the devices eligible for this offer:
- Alcatel IDOL5
- Apple iPhone 5c (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 5s (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Apple iPhone 7 (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 8 (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone SE
- BLU S1
- Essential Phone
- Google Nexus 5 (16 and 32 GB – black/white/red) (Verizon only)
- Google Nexus 5X (all versions)
- Google Nexus 6 (32 and 64 GB – black/white)
- Google Nexus 6P (all versions)
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- HTC One A9 (Sprint Version only)
- moto e4
- moto e4 plus
- moto g4
- moto g4 play
- moto g4 plus
- moto g5 plus
- moto g5s plus
- moto x pure edition
- moto z2 play
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ Special Edition
You can also check directly on Sprint’s website.
How much savings would lure you to switch from your current cellphone service provider? Share with us in comments below or on our Facebook page.
More from WhistleOut.com:
- “Which SIM Card Size Do I Order When I Switch Carriers?”
- “Internet Speeds: How Fast Do You Need?”
- “How to Make Your Phone’s Fingerprint Reader More Reliable”
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.