If you’re not familiar with the Amazon Trade-In program, you probably should be. It’s a relatively easy way to clear out your clutter and get something for it.
The program accepts various kinds of electronics as well as books in exchange for Amazon gift cards, as we detail in “9 Retailers That Will Pay You for Your Unwanted Stuff.” The retail giant even covers the cost of shipping your unwanted items that you trade in to Amazon.
This week, though, there’s another reason to familiarize yourself with the Amazon Trade-In program — at least if you own an e-reader, tablet, streaming video device, smart speaker or Bluetooth speaker.
Through Thursday, Amazon is offering a 20% or 25% promotional discount to folks who trade in such a device — in addition to the Amazon gift card. Here are the discount details:
- Streaming video devices: Trade in an eligible Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast or Roku device, and you will receive an Amazon gift card (for your device’s appraised value) plus a 20% discount that you can apply to the purchase of a new 4K Fire TV device, like the Fire TV Stick 4K. You will also get a bonus 99-cent Amazon gift card that you can use to stream a movie or buy an app on your new device.
- Tablet computers: Trade in an eligible Amazon Fire, Apple iPad or Samsung Galaxy tablet, and you will receive an Amazon gift card (for your tablet’s appraised value) plus a 25% discount that you can apply to the purchase of any current-generation Fire tablet.
- Kindle e-readers: Trade in an eligible Kindle, and you will receive an Amazon gift card (for your Kindle’s appraised value) plus a 25% discount that you can apply to the purchase of a new current-generation Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite or Kindle Oasis.
- Smart speakers and Bluetooth speakers: Trade in an eligible model Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot or Amazon Tap smart speaker, or an eligible Bose Bluetooth speaker, and you will receive an Amazon gift card (for your speaker’s appraised value) plus a 25% discount that you can apply to the purchase of any current-generation Echo.
Note that you can apply both your gift card value and your 20% or 25% discount to your purchase of a new Amazon device if you wish.
To learn more about this promotion or to proceed with a trade-in, visit the Amazon Trade-In webpage.
Just note the dates in the fine print:
- “Qualifying trade-ins must be completed on Amazon.com by 8:59 am (Pacific Time) September 27th, 2019 and sent to us within 14 days from trade-in submission.”
- “The promotional discount will expire at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on November 30th, 2019.”
What’s your take on this news? Share your thoughts in a comment below or on the Money Talks News Facebook page.
Earn more interest on your savings
Are you earning as much interest on your savings as you could be? Grow your savings faster with banks offering rates that are significantly higher than the national average. Find the best rates and start earning more interest on your savings by using the Money Talks News savings account and CD comparison tool.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.