Photo by NadyaEugene / Shutterstock.com
If you love to travel, and want to do more of it, there are lots of credit cards that can help you rack up points. But it’s rare that we see cards that start you off with whopper welcome bonuses that these three cards offer.
We’ll start with the Starwood Preferred Guest card, which racks up 75,000 points with the first $3,000 in purchases within three months. That’s a great offer, but read on. … Platinum Delta SkyMiles (70,000 welcome bonus points) and Gold Delta SkyMiles (60,000 welcome bonus points) have some other perks that might suit your needs even better.
Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card
From the snowy white sands of Langkawi to the snow-covered slopes of Aspen, the SPG group has some 1,500 hotels and resorts around the world under 11 brands. And, because of a deal with Marriott, there are more than 1.3 million rooms you may access worldwide, where you can earn and use loyalty points. Here are some of the perks you get from this card, on top of the 75,000 points, which you get after the first $3,000 in purchases on this card:
- Earn 6 points per dollar for eligible purchases at all SPG and Marriott rewards hotels and 2 points per dollar on all other eligible purchases on this card.
- Get a free hotel night at or under 35,000 point redemption level. (Note: Some hotels and resorts charge a “resort fee.” Be sure to ask when you book so you’re not caught by surprise.)
- Get free, unlimited Wi-Fi for as many as four devices at Boingo hotspots worldwide — there are more than 1 million around the globe.
- Pay no annual fee for the first year, $95 per year after that.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees on purchases with this card.
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
If you’re focused on earning free flights, this card might work even better for you. For a limited time, you can rack up 70,000 bonus miles. Also:
- For each dollar you spend on eligible purchases with Delta, you’ll earn two miles. For other eligible purchases, get 1 mile per dollar.
- Get to your airplane seat earlier with Priority Boarding
- Limited time offer: Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 “Medallion Qualification Miles” after the first $3,000 spent on this card. When you accumulate MQMs, you are on your way to a host of benefits, including seat upgrades, access to Delta airport lounges and more. Offer expires on Sept. 19, 2018.
This card has a $195 annual fee.
Gold Delta SkyMiles
Gold Delta SkyMiles differs from its Platinum cousin in a couple of ways. The temporary offer holds a smaller miles bonus (and no “Medallion Qualifications Miles”), but you have four months instead of three to reach that landmark. So this card may be better for you if you are not as quick to pull out the plastic. Also, this card has no annual fee to start, and then $95 per year after that. Other benefits:
- Limited time offer: Earn 60,000 bonus miles after the first $3,000 spent on this card within your first four months. Offer expires on Sept. 19, 2018.
- For each dollar you spend on eligible purchases with Delta, you’ll earn 2 miles. For other eligible purchases, get 1 mile per dollar.
- Get to your airplane seat earlier with Priority Boarding.
- Get a free checked bag on every Delta flight.
What’s your go-to credit card, and why? Share with us in comments below of on our Facebook page.