We all know the misery of trying to get through a crowded airport in the hope that we won’t miss our flight. But some airports make the process of getting to the gate a breeze.
Recently, the Airports Council International issued its Airport Service Quality Awards for the best customer experiences at airports around the world. The awards were based on more than 465,000 live surveys of travelers in 2022.
One of the awards honored the world’s easiest airports to travel through. Following are the top winners in North America and beyond.
Gerald R. Ford International Airport
City where the award-winning airport is located: Grand Rapids, Michigan
International Air Transport Association code for this airport: GRR
In 2009, the Gerald R. Ford International Airport completed a revamp of the terminal and parking areas. Improvements including a 4,700-space parking garage have created a much better experience for travelers.
Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
City where the award-winning airport is located: Greer, South Carolina
International Air Transport Association code for this airport: GSP
The Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport has been open for business since 1962. It was the first airport to feature lights in the pavement of the runway.
Portland International Jetport
City where the award-winning airport is located: Portland, Maine
International Air Transport Association code for this airport: PWM
The Portland International Jetport bills itself as “one of the nation’s fastest-growing airports.” It is in the midst of a 10-year capital program to make improvements to the airport, including expansion of the terminal and baggage claim areas.
Other airports that make travel easy
The Airports Council International says many other airports around the world make travel a breeze for passengers. They include:
- Aeropuerto de Reus (Reus, Spain)
- Aeropuerto Internacional Región de Murcia (Murcia, Spain)
- Casablanca Mohammed V International Airport (Casablanca, Morocco)
- Guanacaste Airport (Liberia, Costa Rica)
- Guayaquil International Airport (Guayaquil, Ecuador)
- Inverness Airport (Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom)
- Juanda International Airport (Surabaya, Indonesia)
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Milan Bergamo Airport (Milan, Italy)
- Pattimura International Airport (Ambon, Indonesia)
- Salalah Airport (Salalah, Oman)
- Singapore Changi Airport (Singapore, Singapore)
- Skopje International Airport (Skopje, North Macedonia)
- Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport (Ujung Pandang, Indonesia)
- Zagreb International Airport (Zagreb, Croatia)
Add a Comment
Our Policy: We welcome relevant and respectful comments in order to foster healthy and informative discussions. All other comments may be removed. Comments with links are automatically held for moderation.