Tis the season to celebrate good cheer, and few things make folks happier than sinking their teeth into a decadent Christmas cookie.
However, where you live apparently plays a big role in which Christmas cookie you like best.
Recently, Axios cited Google Trends data that reveals America has three main favorite types of Christmas cookies, and an assortment of other cookies they hold near and dear to their hearts.
Following are America’s favorite types of Christmas cookies and the states where they are most popular.
- District of Columbia
- South Carolina
Peanut butter blossoms
- North Dakota
Christmas sugar cookies
- New Mexico
- South Dakota
Some states prefer a little international flavor in their cookies. These confections and the states that favor them are:
- German Christmas cookies: Maryland
- Italian Christmas cookies: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island
- Mexican Christmas cookies: Arizona, Indiana, Oklahoma
- Mexican wedding cookies: West Virginia
- Moravian cookies: North Carolina
- Polish Christmas cookies: Alabama, Michigan
Finally, a handful of states really like to go their own way when it comes to their Christmas treats:
- Candy cane cookies: New Hampshire and Vermont
- Christmas butter cookies: Florida
- Hot chocolate cookies: Kansas
- Kitchen sink Christmas cookies: Arkansas
- Linzer cookies: Massachusetts
- Peanut butter Christmas cookies: Nevada
- Mini Christmas cookies: California
- Red velvet cookies: Missouri
- Royal icing Christmas cookies: Kentucky
- Snowball cookies: Colorado
- Spritz cookies: Iowa
- Ube Christmas cookies: Hawaii