Attention, caffeine addicts and Starbucks aficionados: The coffeehouse chain is offering a rare buy-one, get-one deal.
Starting Thursday, if you buy one macchiato, you’ll get one for free.
This BOGO deal, dubbed “Meet for Macchiatos,” will be available from 2 to 5 p.m. on March 2 through March 6. It’s valid for any size macchiato, hot or iced.
If you order two macchiatos with different prices, though, the cheaper one will be the freebie.
This deal follows Starbucks’ announcement Tuesday that it was introducing two new macchiatos for spring. Available for a limited time at participating U.S. and Canadian locations, the new choices are:
- Coconutmilk Mocha Macchiato: A hot drink described as “espresso shots poured over steamed coconutmilk and combined with a hint of white chocolate mocha sauce” and “finished with caramel sauce in a double crosshatch pattern and a swirl of mocha sauce, creating five layers of espresso sweetness.”
- Iced Cinnamon Almondmilk Macchiato: A cold drink described as “signature espresso, the creaminess of almondmilk and sweetness of cinnamon dolce syrup … topped with Starbucks signature caramel cross-hatch and a sprinkle of cinnamon dolce topping.”
Starbucks’ existing macchiato choices include:
- Espresso Macchiato
- Latte Macchiato
- Caramel Macchiato
Macchiatos have been on Starbucks’ menu for as long as the company has offered handcrafted drinks — 30 years — according to the announcement.
Starbucks’ espresso macchiatos are made with two shots of espresso topped with a dollop of foam. Its latte macchiatos are made with shots of espresso poured into steamed milk, and topped with foam.
For more ways to score free food and drinks, check out:
- “Olive Garden Unveils New ‘Never Ending’ Pasta Deal” (available until March 6)
- “21 Restaurants Offering Free Food Right Now“
- “9 Fast-Food Phone Apps That Get You Free Food“
What’s your favorite way to enjoy a macchiato? Let us know below or on Facebook.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.