Money Talks News has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Money Talks News and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
We know the feeling: You need to get out of town, hit the highway, take to the air, get out of town! This is where these new, limited-time offers from American Express and Delta Airlines come into play. These deals allow you to stack up reward points fast, and get free or cheap flights for your adventures. Check them out to see which one will best fit your lifestyle. But you need to act fast. These offers are available only through July 2.
Delta SkyMiles Platinum from American Express
Why we like it: This is a new offer and a great one for people who use credit cards a fair amount (and pay them off). You’ll earn a hefty 75,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 within three months of opening this account. If that sounds like an amount you regularly ring up on your cards, you can leverage it to get free flights, upgrades and other perks. In addition to the 75,000 miles, you’ll get 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs), which are good for lots of travel upgrades.
Highlights of this offer:
- 5,000 MQMs and 75,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 within the first three months.
- Get a $100 statement credit if you make a Delta purchase within the first three months of holding this card.
- Earn 2x miles for every dollar spent with Delta on this card, plus 1 mile for every other dollar.
- Miles do not expire.
- Check your first bag for free on Delta flights!
Note: This card has a $195 annual fee — not that much if it saves you on flights, but consider your lifestyle and plans, and do the math first.
Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express
Why we like it: For those of us who are leery of racking up too many expenses on our plastic but still want to get in on bonus miles, this card from American Express is a good, basic option. After meeting an initial spending threshold of $2,000 within the first three months after opening the account, you will get 60,000 bonus miles, which can take you a good distance by air! The card carries no annual fee for the first year.
- Earn 60,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 within your first three months.
- Earn 2x miles for each dollar spent directly with Delta, 1 mile for every dollar spent on other purchases.
- Get a $50 credit on your statement after making a Delta purchase within three months of opening this account.
- Get early boarding and check your first bag free on Delta flights. (Family of four traveling? That could mean savings of as much as $240 on a round trip!)
Note: This card has no annual fee for the first year, and $95 per year after that.
Whatever you need in a credit card — whether it’s reward points, cash back or a low interest rate — you can find it with our credit card search tool. Click here to search for the plastic that best fits your needs.