Winter wears on … and on … and you know what that means: You need to get out of town, hit the highway, take to the air! This is where these latest offers from Delta airlines come into play: These deals allow you to stack up reward points fast, and get free or cheap flights for your adventures. Check them out to see which one makes the most sense for your lifestyle:
Platinum Delta SkyMiles
Why we like it: You earn a generous rewards payout — 75,000 bonus miles — after you use this card from American Express for just $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of opening the account. (Flights can be booked with as little as 25,000 points.) You also get 2 miles per dollar when you spend with Delta, which is consistently among the top-ranked U.S. airlines.
- Earn 75,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months on this card.
- By reaching the $3,000 initial spending threshold, you also get 5,000 MQM (Medallion Qualification Miles) in Delta’s Medallion Status loyalty program, which can lead to seat upgrades, waived ticket-change fees, Sky Club access and more. (See details here.)
- Earn 2x miles for each dollar spent directly with Delta, and 1 mile for every dollar spent on other purchases.
- Get a $100 credit on your statement after making a Delta purchase within three months of opening this account.
- Get early boarding and check your first bag free on Delta flights.
Note: This card has an annual fee of $195.
Gold Delta SkyMiles
Why we like it: For those of us who are leery of racking up too many expenses on our plastic, but still want to get in on bonus miles, this card from American Express is a good, basic option. After meeting an initial spending threshold of $2,000 within the first three months after opening the account, you will get 60,000 bonus miles, which can take you a good distance by air! The card carries no annual fee for the first year.
- Earn 60,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 within your first three months.
- Earn 2x miles for each dollar spent directly with Delta, 1 mile for every dollar spent on other purchases.
- Get a $50 credit on your statement after making a Delta purchase within three months of opening this account.
- Get early boarding and check your first bag free on Delta flights. (Family of four traveling? That could mean savings of as much as $240 on a round trip!)
Note: This card has no annual fee for the first year, and $95/year after that.
If you’re hoping to travel on rewards credits, be sure to also check out: “Business or Pleasure: Here’s the Fast Track to Free Hotel Rooms.”
Whatever you need in a credit card — whether it’s reward points, cash back or a low interest rate — you can find it with our credit card search tool. Click here to search for the plastic that best fits your needs.