Here are some holiday-related links to useful sites around the web – built and maintained with your tax dollars. Enjoy!
- Air Travel Status – This FAA site offers airport status and delay information, in real time as changes happen.
- Air Travel Tips from the Transportation Security Administration – Tips from the TSA for your adventure through airport security.
- Food for the Holidays – Ideas to help you plan and prepare your holiday feasts.
- Holiday Food Safety – Learn how to keep food safe, including tips for holiday parties and buffets.
- Out-of-This-World Thanksgiving – Thanksgiving in space! Here’s what it looks like.
- Recipes from and for Americans – Healthy recipes, collections and publications, kids’ recipes, cooking for a crowd…
- Send Your Thanks to the U.S. Military – Write your own message of appreciation to U.S. troops or find a volunteer opportunity.
- Thanksgiving Facts and Statistics – Last year, the major pumpkin-producing states brought us 1.1 billion pounds of pumpkins. Read more about pumpkins and other Thanksgiving fun facts from the Census Bureau.
- Thanksgiving in America – Explore the history of the Thanksgiving holiday in North America.
- Traffic and Road Closures – Get the latest information about traffic and road conditions in the state(s) you’ll be traveling through this Thanksgiving.
- Turkey Basics: Alternate Turkey Cooking Methods – Discover alternative ways to cook your turkey this Thanksgiving, including: grilling, smoking, cooking in a brown paper bag, and more.
- Turkey Basics: Cooking Safely – Learn the basics of cooking turkey safely this Thanksgiving.
- Volunteer for the Holidays – Find information about public service and volunteer opportunities in your community.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.